+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are we bothered by tonight’s result ?

Are we bothered by tonight’s result ?

We always knew it would be an almost impossible achievement to do well there, tonight. I was hoping we’d get away with a 2 or 3 goal defeat, but that’s the way it is.
    At the end of April it will all pale into significance , and tonight’s game will just be a distant memory. We hope.

Not at all. always on the cards, we never do anything at City.That's my last comment on it.Done and dusted onwards and upwards now.

City are more awesome than the teams that used to tonk us 5-0. I think we played some good football but lacked the finishing touch. At 0-0 we broke forward with their goalie out of position, if our player had glanced up he had an ideal opportunity to lob it into the net, can't remember who it was now. If anything the game should have removed any complacency that may have been creeping into the side, teams always play better after a thrashing.

With Haaland, Foden, Mahrez, Alvarez and De Bruyne in his starting line up Pep wasn’t going easy on us. Can’t argue with the 6-0 as their finishing was lethal but our heads never dropped. We will surely get back on track in our next home game v Sunderland.

Quote Originally Posted by malwayne View Post
    We always knew it would be an almost impossible achievement to do well there, tonight. I was hoping we’d get away with a 2 or 3 goal defeat, but that’s the way it is.
    At the end of April it will all pale into significance , and tonight’s game will just be a distant memory. We hope.
    Made more impossible when Burnley get themselves into a strong attacking position and decide to pass the ball back to Farrel, ...when Tella passes insted of his regulat push for goal, when we linger with the ball instead of snappy passing...when we leave space at the back for them to run into, when we leave their goal threats unguarded...etc etc,
    Fact is, we're better than that, reaction, speed and vision was detached, I mean, did that look like the same team we've been watching all season ?...even up against quality players, why should that make "Burnley" ( or any team) unrecognisable ?

Was a good reality check. VK and the team will learn a lot next year. The only thing I'm bothered about is VK hugging Haaland at the end of the game. And that he seemed more interested in greeting the City players than his own players. I know he's a City legend coming home but his team was just torn apart under his management and tactics. I might be a bit hard on him

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post
    Made more impossible when Burnley get themselves into a strong attacking position and decide to pass the ball back to Farrel, ...when Tella passes insted of his regulat push for goal, when we linger with the ball instead of snappy passing...when we leave space at the back for them to run into, when we leave their goal threats unguarded...etc etc,
    Fact is, we're better than that, reaction, speed and vision was detached, I mean, did that look like the same team we've been watching all season ?...even up against quality players, why should that make "Burnley" ( or any team) unrecognisable ?

Spot on Norder!

Quote Originally Posted by WillPark View Post
    Was a good reality check. VK and the team will learn a lot next year. The only thing I'm bothered about is VK hugging Haaland at the end of the game. And that he seemed more interested in greeting the City players than his own players. I know he's a City legend coming home but his team was just torn apart under his management and tactics. I might be a bit hard on him
    Fair comment WP, I wondered about the Haaland hug, it's not as if they were ex team mates.

A little bit of context. Haaland played 63 minutes against both Leipzig and Burnley. He scored 5 against Leipzig and 3 v Burnley. Leipzig were in the Champions League Semi Finals three years ago and had qualified for the final stages of the Champions League this season. They had drawn 1-1 in the home leg against Manchester City before conceding seven in the second leg at the Etihad. It was a reality check yes but our aim is to win the Championship and then get better.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Spot on Norder!
    wish I could pinpoint it exactly - Alf.....but something was certainly crooked, and not a sour grape has touced my mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    Fair comment WP, I wondered about the Haaland hug, it's not as if they were ex team mates.

that - Kritti....is the foremost reason I'M NOT GETTING HOOKED BY THE "PREMIER" CABAL !!!!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)