+ Visit Cambridge United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Even a hard heart would weep.

Even a hard heart would weep.

Listening to Mark Johnson he thought United could still escape, and this was after the final whistle. He must be in a bind, his mate Barry is taking a wrecking ball to the club, which is his greater love,? Barry or United.?

Endless discussion about formations and who to pick....endless. The truth is if your playing poker with a six and a three in your hand, with a flop of seven, two and a jack, then another two and a five youve had it.

In football you have to keep playing.

Everything is strategic with Johnson, got to keep the fans turning up. To bang my own drum, even i knew the club were going down before the season started, so did Bonner, Waddock etc. Unless there incompetent.

Keep in mind that Barry turned down investors with " deep pockets", probably the Ryan lot. One of the reasons he gave was that all they were interested in was developing players, and of course Barry has no interest in that.

Where is the boundary when United fans have had enough. When will Barry sell up? exposing the ground to house development?

Where are the redevelopment plans? Where is the investment in the team?

Even spending a vast amount wont guarantee jot, Bradford, attendances 15, 20 thousand cant get out of div2.

He is an investor, what has he invested?, we all know the Newcastle money went missing, i wonder what his cut of the ManU money was. Am i weeping at Uniteds misfortune?, not only about today, but Barry being at the club?,....no.

Paradoxically, Barry is doing what i would if i could, run it into the ground, cut down the lights with blow torches, sell it to a knackers yard for sixpence, personally knock down the Habbin, running over the tin roof with my tank tracks, blow up the NRE.

Leave the main stand to rot, like Scarboroughs old ground, use it as a tombstone, with a picture of Maggie on its roof.

I've got to admit that Utd are going down Frank,what do you want from the club next season (and don't say relegation)

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)