+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Morsey not in squad

Morsey not in squad

Apparently Sam Morsey has not made the full squad for Egypt thus reducing the call up for Ipswich players to 3 including a player who does not feature in their first team squad , he is a Jamaican lad who has been called up which all in all makes a mockery of the cancellation rules , also if I was one of the 3000 Ipswich fans who have bought a ticket for game I would not be very pleased , once again fans getting shat on .

We would have done exactly the same if Connell (Republic of Ireland), Andersen(Denmark) and Jalo(Portugal) been called up, or any other two regulars and a fringe player.

Despite all the Ahmad marketing hype about reconnecting with our wonderful fans the club would have shat on Barnsley fans in a similar manner.

Can’t see what the problem is from our perspective a nice weekend off to prepare before we travel to Exeter.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    We would have done exactly the same if Connell (Republic of Ireland), Andersen(Denmark) and Jalo(Portugal) been called up, or any other two regulars and a fringe player.

Despite all the Ahmad marketing hype about reconnecting with our wonderful fans the club would have shat on Barnsley fans in a similar manner.
    So do you think it is right for fans to be shat on ? Do you also think it is right that players not involved in the first team squad should count towards cancellations ? Even if we had done it or anyone else for that matter , does it make it right ? . I just think there should be some kind of appearance count taken into consideration because if a player is not involved with the first team I do not see why that player should effect a first team fixture .

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    So do you think it is right for fans to be shat on ? Do you also think it is right that players not involved in the first team squad should count towards cancellations ? Even if we had done it or anyone else for that matter , does it make it right ? . I just think there should be some kind of appearance count taken into consideration because if a player is not involved with the first team I do not see why that player should effect a first team fixture .
    Not at all Shads far from it but what I would say is in our position it suits us just as much as them and possibly more with the size of their squad.

Read an article the other day when their manger post match (Forest Green) said it was a very easy decision call this one off. Not once did he mention their fans. Community spirit at its best think not.

Get ready sometime in future “What goes round comes round” when BFC will do the same but with more notice I would think.

I think the timing of Ipswich's triggering the postponement was more to do with the timing of the announcement of the squads. I'm not sure Ipswich could have given more notice.

Everything is within the rules.

Fans have always come second to the interests of the FA/ EFL. The clubs always proclaim how important fans are, especially when Season Ticket sales are about to begin. Barnsley FC are no better or worse than any other club when putting the interests of the club first. Fans may recall the displacement of fans from long held seats in the West Stand on some now discredited claims of "safety" when the truth lay elsewhere.

i am not saying it is right but it is the nature of football nowadays. Self first, fans second. Accrington may be an exception as are many clubs lower down the hierarchy of the leagues.

I treat with the utmost cynicism Ahmad's marketing blitz on the club "re-connecting" together with fans and the likes of JAQ tweeting about wonderful fans.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 19-03-2023 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    So do you think it is right for fans to be shat on ?. Do you also think it is right that players not involved in the first team squad should count towards cancellations ?.
    Your wasting your time Shad asking this. I think it sucks as well and shouldn't be allowed, especially when as you say, they aren't even first team regulars.
    Ipswich have exploited a ridiculous rule here and as usual, its the fans who suffer.

Well , the Jamaican lad who Ipswich had has their 3rd called up player is not in their squad either ,just leaving them with two players missing on international duty , well done Ipswich you have well & truly had the leagues pants down , they used Morsey who has not played for Egypt for over 4 years & a lad who doesn"t get in their squad to get the game called off , these two were never going to get called up & they new it , they are taking the " P " .

The rules state it is players who are registered with the club who count towards international call ups, not which squad they are in.

As i said earlier we would have done the same if two first team regulars eg Connell and Andersen, were called up and an U23 player was called up by a minor nation.

The rules are there to promote fair competition and Ipswich felt their competitive position was weakened by call ups. I see no problem with that when looked at logically from Ipswich's standpoint. Ipswich requested a postponement and that request was granted by the relevant authorities.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 21-03-2023 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    The rules state it is players who are registered with the club who count towards international call ups, not which squad they are in.

As i said earlier we would have done the same if two first team regulars eg Connell and Andersen, were called up and an U23 player was called up by a minor nation.

The rules are there to promote fair competition and Ipswich felt their competitive position was weakened by call ups. I see no problem with that when looked at logically from Ipswich's standpoint. Ipswich requested a postponement and that request was granted by the relevant authorities.
    The problem I have SB is that they only have 2 players on international duty & the rule is 3 , it is going to cost our club a packet & fans from both clubs are once again messed about , not only Ipswich fans who now have a mid week trek but our fans as well , there are a number of our fans who cannot make mid week fixtures because of travel & work , but my main beef is that they do not have the required number of players missing to call the game off but have engineered it for their own ends

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast