+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Romared Match Thoughts Barnsley v Sheffield Wednesday

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    I remember a match like this against them in Oct/Nov '90. The ground was full and it was on a Tuesday night, and both teams were in great form at the time.
    Andy Rammell put us in front, and that donkey Carlton Palmer levelled for them in about the 90th minute.
    They went up that season, and if we'd made the Play offs like we thought we had, I would have fancied our chances to win at Wembley and go up as well. 😕
    This is the biggest game between the two clubs for many a long year .

In fact I'm struggling to think of a bigger one to be honest .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    This is the biggest game between the two clubs for many a long year .

I can't think of a bigger one either Animal. Exciting isn't it. To think that this fixture was originally scheduled for a 12.30 early afternoon Kick off back when we were having a bit of a bad run back in January.

Now we are going into this in top form and with great momentum. The game Kicks off at 8 o'clock on a Tuesday night which will add to the atmosphere tremendously.

It's huge this and if we win, then I think we could well go on to get automatic promotion. Wednesdays, Plymouth and Ipswichs arses may start nipping if the Reds take 3 points on Tuesday night.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    This is the biggest game between the two clubs for many a long year.
    Its always a big game when the Fowls visit us, but as we've said, there's massive extra importance on this one now.
    At this stage of the season, with the form both teams are in, and with us both having promotion hopes as well. It won't be for the faint hearted that's for sure!.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    I remember a match like this against them in Oct/Nov '90. The ground was full and it was on a Tuesday night, and both teams were in great form at the time.
    Andy Rammell put us in front, and that donkey Carlton Palmer levelled for them in about the 90th minute.
    They went up that season, and if we'd made the Play offs like we thought we had, I would have fancied our chances to win at Wembley and go up as well. 😕
    Ground won’t be full half the west stand is closed!!

Why???

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    Ground won’t be full half the west stand is closed!!

Why???
    There is nowhere to have a p1ss or buy a burger apparently.

A row of portaloos and Sharon's Burger Van parked up.

Job done, in more ways than one. ( I was thinking the other day--in sixty odd years I have never had a crap in a football stadium toilet--a p1ss yes, but never a crap )

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post

Job done, in more ways than one. ( I was thinking the other day--in sixty odd years I have never had a crap in a football stadium toilet--a p1ss yes, but never a crap )
    Worrabart when tha went to Southpooart and ed some dodgy seafood?

Ive watched plenty of crap down there over the years!

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Worrabart when tha went to Southpooart and ed some dodgy seafood?
    A liitle tub of whelks..Cummart top oyle during match flowing on Haigh Ave terrace. Plenty of room them days.

Din't cummart bottom oyle 'til later in neet, back ooam. "How do you know it's a bad pint ? Sh1tting through the eye of a needle Lurchio"
    Last edited by SBRed48; 20-03-2023 at 05:13 PM.

A liitle tub of whelks..Cummart top oyle during match flowing on Haigh Ave terrace. Plenty of room them days.

Din't cummart bottom oyle 'til later in neet, back ooam. "How do you know it's a bad pint ? Sh1tting through the eye of a needle Lurchio"
    "I couldn't get the key in the door quick enough James"

It’s a sell out crowd and must admit that I’m a bit worried the toilets won’t cope but feeling optimistic Duff and the lads will give it their all.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast