+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Romared Match Thoughts Barnsley v Sheffield Wednesday

Romared Match Thoughts Barnsley v Sheffield Wednesday

Well we've got a bit of a game on here haven't we ? Including the Sky Sports cameras .

Looking like Oakwell will be completely Sold Out by tomorrow morning .

Only a win will do if we have any designs on the top two which isn't going to be easy given Wendy have only lost three games all season although two of em were to ourselves and Plymouth .

I understand Wendy have quite a few injury concerns going in to the game on Tuesday night , I personally wouldn't take any notice of that given they look to have a decent squad of players for this level .

We are going to have to produce a second half Plymouth performance to win the game in my opinion but none the less there is no doubt we are capable and Wendy can be beaten and beaten comfortably the way we are playing .

Win this and the cat is really amongst the pigeons at the top of league one .

Big game and there’s going to be a lot of nerves in both set of fans. I just hope we turn up and put in a performance in what’s going to be the best atmosphere seen at Oakwell in a long time.
    I have this feeling that Thomas is going to have a big input into this game coming on in the last 30 minutes and having some good direct runs at their defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Doggydo View Post
    Big game and there’s going to be a lot of nerves in both set of fans. I just hope we turn up and put in a performance in what’s going to be the best atmosphere seen at Oakwell in a long time.
    I have this feeling that Thomas is going to have a big input into this game coming on in the last 30 minutes and having some good direct runs at their defense.
    Good point Doggy , Luke Thomas ran them ragged at Hillsborough , they couldn't get near him .

Reading their forum they had injuries to key players before the Bolton game, Windass is now out and possibly Gregory!
    It all upsets the teams rhythm and style of play, look at us when we lost Luke and Connell.
    They were praying for a Kane yellow card yesterday which would put him out of the match!
    They believe they have a stronger Midfield, personally I think we are about equal their, Bannan is always a worry, but I'm sure a swift Kitching clatter will take care of him!!!

It’s going to be a tough game against Barnsley South.
    Bannon is probably still the best player in this league.
    And they have some big physically strong players at Swilsboro.

BUT - if you watch the highlights of their games and compare them to the highlights of the Barnsley games it’s like watching a different sport.
    Barnsley South play the old fashioned traditional way which has two gears - slow and stop.
    They will have to up their work rate substantially if they want to compete with Barnsley’s high press style.
    Have the older players at Swilsboro got the stamina to do that ???
    I doubt it.

As such I’m expecting Barnsley South to turn nasty and try and clog their way through the game.
    Expect some players to be sent off - hopefully not those Barnsley players with a short fuse.

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    Reading their forum they had injuries to key players before the Bolton game, Windass is now out and possibly Gregory!
    It all upsets the teams rhythm and style of play, look at us when we lost Luke and Connell.
    They were praying for a Kane yellow card yesterday which would put him out of the match!
    They believe they have a stronger Midfield, personally I think we are about equal their, Bannan is always a worry, but I'm sure a swift Kitching clatter will take care of him!!!
    Only trouble with a Kitching clatter is he sometimes can’t tell the difference between a clatter and a wrecking ball. I’m all for them getting into their ribs but not at the expense of a red card, so let’s hope they play with controlled aggression.

We rarely do well against this lot at home, especially if we have already beat them away. So I'm getting ready for possible disappointment, and if we can gain a point that will be a good result.
    But admittedly we're on an amazing run and full of confidence, and Oakwell should be full and absolutely buzzing.
    So who knows ehh!. 😉

Both teams are going into this on equal top form, our goal difference being slightly better over these last 10 games

The stats for both teams read-
    Played 10
    W 8
    D 2
    L 0

It points to a very tight game imo. 1 goal wins it for me but if an early goal goes in it could be an epic.

With a full house expected and under the lights it is set up to be an absolute hum dinger and a brilliant atmosphere. I can't wait for it personally.

Don't know how much there is in this but Smith is their only 100% fit striker , Gregory is a maybe but Windass and Paterson are definitely out ..... Apparently .

Byers is also out ..... Apparently .

I remember a match like this against them in Oct/Nov '90. The ground was full and it was on a Tuesday night, and both teams were in great form at the time.
    Andy Rammell put us in front, and that donkey Carlton Palmer levelled for them in about the 90th minute.
    They went up that season, and if we'd made the Play offs like we thought we had, I would have fancied our chances to win at Wembley and go up as well. 😕

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast