+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Romared Match Thoughts Barnsley v Sheffield Wednesday

When they levelled at 2-2 to be fair they’ve deserved it. I’m holding my hands up as we didn’t come out in the second half at that point both Kane and Connell were not on the ball at all in our midfield.

Then the subs all a little reminiscent of Saturday and our last playoff season, these lads don’t know when they’re beaten.

It seems we are navigating the so called crunch fixtures in style we couldn’t ask for more.

Great entertainment for the EFL Div One we couldn’t ask for more but prefer not being put through the wringer !

As previously said we took the chances.

Quote Originally Posted by Doggydo View Post
    To be honest when they equalised I thought they’d go on to win it but the spirit in our lads is second to none and that run from Kitch was gut busting. I’ll sleep well tonight……eventually.
    Aye me too , thought we'd blown it .

You wouldn't have thought those were the two meanest defences in league one .

Both were very shaky tonight , difference was we put our chances away and they didn't .

WTF was Liam Kitching doing up there with seconds remaining ???

Took it well mind .

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post
    When they levelled at 2-2 to be fair they’ve deserved it. I’m holding my hands up as we didn’t come out in the second half at that point both Kane and Connell were not on the ball at all in our midfield.

Then the subs all a little reminiscent of Saturday and our last playoff season, these lads don’t know when they’re beaten.

It seems we are navigating the so called crunch fixtures in style we couldn’t ask for more.

Great entertainment for the EFL Div One we couldn’t ask for more but prefer not being put through the wringer !

As previously said we took the chances.
    The subs and the strength our bench is what won it for us in my opinion .

Fresh legs and energy .

Wendy's bench offered nothing .

Shout out to the ref too…. No idea who… but no Complaints, don’t think they could either.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    The subs and the strength our bench is what won it for us in my opinion .

Fresh legs and energy .

Wendy's bench offered nothing .
    For a few games now this has been so…

Well done Tykes - fully deserved.
    Everything went to the game plan - score 2 early goals to put Owls under pressure - then let them back in the game - then let them dominate the first 30 minutes of the second half - then finish them off.
    Some good finishing from both sides although defensively both teams were caught out at the back.

The double over S6 - well done again - keep the momentum going for the upcoming games.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Shout out to the ref too…. No idea who… but no Complaints, don’t think they could either.
    Yes credit to him Jules I’m for one quick to criticise the crap stuff but forgot to mention his performance.
    For our fourth goal many others would have stopped play for a free kick ( twice ) in the build up but he allowed play to go on.

Third big home game running with big crowd turnout
    Usually let them down
    Duff’s boys are bucking the trend this season
    I think we’re just short of points in the bank to get 2nd unfortunately but the way we are at the minute I’d be very confident that we’d have anyone in play offs

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast