+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Harrison and Ayling

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    And what are people thoughts on these 2 today......
    Didn't see any of the game, so can't comment on their performances or anyone elses, but just like the Forest game was a single game with a good outcome, this one was a single game with a less positive outcome. Evaluation of a player as good or bad based on one game isn't likely to be too accurate, whoever the player is.

As I said in post #9, we have a bunch of players for whom the club has paid a small fortune (collectively and individually), and their performance over a number of games doesn't inspire confidence, neither have they any "banked" collateral generated from earlier seasons when we were seeking promotion and then surviving early doors in the PL, unlike both Harrison and Ayling. The comments on the matchday thread from those who did manage to watch the game would suggest that those relatively recent imports, including the club record signing, continue to underwhelm, so maybe if there is to be some kind of "heat" directed at individual players, it should be turned up in their direction (and on our DoF, just to make it fair)?

Harrison will always have 5/6 games where he looks brilliant and then will be useless/anonymous for 10/12, he has been the same for 4 years now.

Ayling sadly has hit his peak, he can't defend anyone with skill or pace and his attacking efforts and desire no longer make up for that. I'd love him to stay as a squad player and option but he can't be first choice anymore.

Sad about Ayling he seems more prone recently to having moments where he switches off and it costs us a goal.

If he defends the second goal properly we might not have fallen apart so badly - if buys and maybes though.

There is a much better core of players now though than when we got promoted they just to keep improving and allow some of the youngsters more game time too.

I don't think Bamford scores frequently enough for us. He tends to score in fits and starts and is not very consistent and does miss a lot of chances including some really simply one. However the team as a whole plays much better with Bamford leading the line than with any of our other forwards.

Ayling I think is maybe trying to hard and if frequently pushing to high up the pitch and doesn't have the pace to recover and possibly not the skill either.

See Bambi is injured again

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    See Bambi is injured again
    I see Harrison gone missing again after signing another contract. Hell wait till it's nearly out and play a couple good games to get another.

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    I see Harrison gone missing again after signing another contract. Hell wait till it's nearly out and play a couple good games to get another.
    Not sure you can single out one player, or one reason, for what has happened over the last two games. Total meltdown, all over the pitch, not a single player (from the evidence of the "highlights" from both games at least) to be congratulated on an "adequate" performance, and frankly if Harrison has had another episode of lack of confidence, can you blame him? I suppose that getting a new contract in place makes him more valuable as a transfer target!

If you cant blame him that plays most game time who do we blame. Rutter and the like get blamed yet they only play 15 minutes. This guy has proved that he can play 2 or 3 good games and some think his a god. He is useless no better than James.
    Wober is the only player for me that I would keep the rest if they go I couldn't care less.
    How on earth fans didn't go off there heads at the 3 stooges by now I'll never know.

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    If you cant blame him that plays most game time who do we blame. Rutter and the like get blamed yet they only play 15 minutes. This guy has proved that he can play 2 or 3 good games and some think his a god. He is useless no better than James.
    Wober is the only player for me that I would keep the rest if they go I couldn't care less.
    How on earth fans didn't go off there heads at the 3 stooges by now I'll never know.
    Take out your anger and frustration on those who deserve it. Whether Harrison plays more games than others, or goes absent on occasion, IS NOT WHY WE ARE IN A RELEGATION FIGHT!!!! We are there because those in positions of power in the club are either incompetent, lazy, stupid, or all three and a few other traits that I can't readily think of but are nonetheless negative.

I don't think anyone thinks Harrison, is a "god", but he can play (when he wants to/feels like it, and no he isn't consistent enough). James may be his equal, but not any better, even his goal for Fulham was the result of a lucky rebound.

You make my point for me, "Wober is the only player that I would keep.....", so the "blame" on the pitch lies with each and every player who took to the pitch THIS SEASON, not one single player, or even a small number of "the usual suspects", every player and more particularly in the last two games when some kind of result was more crucial than at any time in the season, and they ALL knew that.

And as for Rutter, McKennie, Roca, Aaronsson, Sinisterra etc etc, it's inevitable that they will come in for particular criticism, no matter how few minutes game time they get, when the club paid a record sums for many of them and they have delivered next to zilch in return (one goal every now and then doesn't make a striker, and doesn't justify £31m, as in the case of Sinisterra).

Like I said, aim your anger at the right target(s)

It's very simple for me, we sold our 2 best players, whom also performed the most onsistently.

We then bulked the squad up with potential but no premiership experience.

Also and I am surprised its not been mentioned more frequently. There was only Harrison from the home nations that represented Leeds on the field against Liverpool. Is the teamlacking in experience of playing in the English leagues?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)