+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cash turnstiles for Ayr United supporters

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Not going to games seems to me to be hurting ourselves rather than helping to bring about a change of policy. If this is a result of the other clubs not being able to sell our tickets then why has this explanation not been given by officials. We are not children, we are not illiterate and we are not incapable of understanding rational explanations for actions taken by the club.
    They have to tell us what is going on and why imo. If they stick to saying nothing I worry that a PATG strike might turn into a Season Ticket strike.
    Bcram I don't think your quite getting how ****ed off our support are.

I think we are well beyond "might".

Status quo on price, Nelms in situ, championship football, no guarantee where we are playing, dens an absolute hovel and the continued disregard for our fans will lead to the biggest percentage fall in our season ticket sales ever

Quote Originally Posted by scottg View Post
    Just one example of why it gets right on my mambos when I hear that we are regarded as family by those at the top of the tree.
    Absolute Bull.
    American tripe

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Bcram I don't think your quite getting how ****ed off our support are.

I think we are well beyond "might".

Status quo on price, Nelms in situ, championship football, no guarantee where we are playing, dens an absolute hovel and the continued disregard for our fans will lead to the biggest percentage fall in our season ticket sales ever
    I agree that a drop in ST sales should be a major worry for the club. I am not sure that a strike is the best way to get a change in approach from DFC board.

I wonder if it has crossed the DFC board that this is a possibility? When you look at how few supporters are posting on TDB and this forum it doesn't feel like there is a mass strike mentality imo.

I agree that a drop in ST sales should be a major worry for the club. I am not sure that a strike is the best way to get a change in approach from DFC board.

I wonder if it has crossed the DFC board that this is a possibility? When you look at how few supporters are posting on TDB and this forum it doesn't feel like there is a mass strike mentality imo.
    2 things

The club ( Nelms) really dosent give a monkeys if we sell 500 or 5000.....he dosent get it, the football, the club and supporters aren't a priority .....he will just cut cloth to suit sales.

Pravda.....most don't go.

I know how many of my acquaintances have stopped going of the 8 or 10 I know that have season tics now only one is a definite buyer for next season and that's a concession.

I was speaking to a few boys I know at partick, not one is in any hurry to buy a season tic, all current season tic holders.

I think our sales will go down even with promotion, stay down and it's rock btm scenario, think there was 800 adult season tic holders when marrs took over and I would not be in the least bit surprised to see that level of sales again.

Thanks for your reply. I don't believe that the football side is a distraction for our owners. Having said that St J is up for sale and our neighbours are not performing in the way that has been expected of them.

Trying to move out of DFC might be very difficult. No ground, mutinous support and despite reasonable league position there just does not seem to be much belief in our ability to win promotion. I remember when Hartley was in charge there was a real buzz about getting promotion.

McPake’s promotion winning team just didn't have the same vibe. Feel Bowyer is a bit McPake esque.

Quote Originally Posted by troodee1893 View Post
    Like you I disagree with this policy and no doubt many will do as you will and not attend costing the club a lot of money. This subject comes up most games and it shouldn't be a surprise any more, it has been this way all season. We, for whatever reason, want to go along the route of no cash gates, all ticket. We also seem to want all of the away sides to sell tickets so there are no away cash gates. Unfortunately for DFC only the clubs that follow the cashless entry/ticket sales at their own grounds have played ball. Most have simply refused to sell our tickets, hence the number of away cash gate games. We can make representations to the club through whatever supporters group we like it appears the club are set in their ways and unlikely to listen. If we go up all the Premier Clubs go along with selling away tickets so cash gates would disappear (do any Premier Clubs operate cash gates? I don't think so). There are those who want cash gates at all games possible even in the Premier but I reckon the main problem is, as per the thread name, the fact that away supporters are allowed something home supporters cant get.
    I do not understand the football clubs in Scotland who do not have cash turnstiles. Apart from Rangers, Celtic, Hearts and Hibs the rest of the clubs are not exactly packing in the supporters at their home games.
    I have a suggestion for the management of Dundee Football Club which would make it easy for them to have cash turnstiles in Dens Park.
    Open up Sections A, B and C of the Main Stand for Dundee supporters wanting to pay at the gate.
    Although not an ideal part of the Main Stand to watch the game all the seats in these sections would be unreserved with people sitting where they like.

Not going to games seems to me to be hurting ourselves rather than helping to bring about a change of policy. If this is a result of the other clubs not being able to sell our tickets then why has this explanation not been given by officials. We are not children, we are not illiterate and we are not incapable of understanding rational explanations for actions taken by the club.
    They have to tell us what is going on and why imo. If they stick to saying nothing I worry that a PATG strike might turn into a Season Ticket strike.
    Everything behind the scenes in Dundee Football Club appears to be a secret.
    In the past there would have been an update in the press and on the club website about players who are out injured, what injury they have suffered and how long it will likely be before they are fit to restart training.
    Now we are told nothing. I have not read anything on the Club website about Cammy Kerr’s injury nor Paul McGowan’s injury which kept him out for months.

Quote Originally Posted by scottg View Post
    Just one example of why it gets right on my mambos when I hear that we are regarded as family by those at the top of the tree.
    Absolute Bull.
    It must be one of these family’s where nobody speaks to each other.

Thanks for your reply. I don't believe that the football side is a distraction for our owners. Having said that St J is up for sale and our neighbours are not performing in the way that has been expected of them.

Trying to move out of DFC might be very difficult. No ground, mutinous support and despite reasonable league position there just does not seem to be much belief in our ability to win promotion. I remember when Hartley was in charge there was a real buzz about getting promotion.

McPake’s promotion winning team just didn't have the same vibe. Feel Bowyer is a bit McPake esque.
    A distraction.......they would be semi interested.

It's not even a distraction.

If it wasn't for this change of direction to build a retail park they would be long gone or we wud already be sharing with another club.

Keyes......two games in 3 years I think.

Nelms .....mute 🦉 in Ailse 3 at Sainsbury's.

Sometimes wonder what GB really thinks, left to try and build a wee bit of rapport with support in a different country getting absolutely no backing in that regard from the man in charge who sometimes just cannae be arsed going to the game and speaks less than the queen in public.......and she's ****ing deid.

Quote Originally Posted by troodee1893 View Post
    That about the away clubs not selling tickets came from a query in the ticket office. Could be wrong and would have no clue where to find it but I seem to remember seeing the same in print, somewhere.
    I was previously told in the ticket office that there would be cash turnstiles for the Arbroath supporters at the home game on Monday 2nd January 2023 when I asked if there was going to be cash turnstiles for Dundee supporters for the same game especially as there would be a lot people at the game who were in Dundee for the New Year holiday.
    The answer was that there would be no cash turnstiles for Dundee supporters
    I was also told that some Clubs refuse to sell tickets to their supporters unless they receive a fee from Dundee Football Club for doing so.
    This problem could have been easily resolved if the management of Dundee Football Club had accepted the offer from Dee4life to install an E ticketing scheme in Dens Park paid for by Dee4life.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)