+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cash turnstiles for Ayr United supporters

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    I agree that a drop in ST sales should be a major worry for the club. I am not sure that a strike is the best way to get a change in approach from DFC board.

I wonder if it has crossed the DFC board that this is a possibility? When you look at how few supporters are posting on TDB and this forum it doesn't feel like there is a mass strike mentality imo.
    What do you suggest that Dundee supporters do to express their concerns at the large increase in price of a season ticket for the 2023-24 season. It is easy for non season ticket holders who can vote with their feet. They become very selective in the home games they attend.
    One way that season ticket holders can express their disgust is to refuse to purchase their season ticket en masse and wait for the Club to extend the final date of the Early Bird ticket price to a more realistic date of 30th June 2023.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    2 things

The club ( Nelms) really dosent give a monkeys if we sell 500 or 5000.....he dosent get it, the football, the club and supporters aren't a priority .....he will just cut cloth to suit sales.

Pravda.....most don't go.

I know how many of my acquaintances have stopped going of the 8 or 10 I know that have season tics now only one is a definite buyer for next season and that's a concession.

I was speaking to a few boys I know at partick, not one is in any hurry to buy a season tic, all current season tic holders.

I think our sales will go down even with promotion, stay down and it's rock btm scenario, think there was 800 adult season tic holders when marrs took over and I would not be in the least bit surprised to see that level of sales again.
    From memory I think that there were 1,460 season ticket holders when we entered Admin 2 in October 2010 as I remember reading the Administrator stating this information when he took over.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Thanks for your reply. I don't believe that the football side is a distraction for our owners. Having said that St J is up for sale and our neighbours are not performing in the way that has been expected of them.

Trying to move out of DFC might be very difficult. No ground, mutinous support and despite reasonable league position there just does not seem to be much belief in our ability to win promotion. I remember when Hartley was in charge there was a real buzz about getting promotion.

McPake’s promotion winning team just didn't have the same vibe. Feel Bowyer is a bit McPake esque.
    I do not understand why anyone would want to purchase a professional football club in Scotland as they are just throwing their money away.
    I think that Bowyer is a decent manager. The problem is that he has never been the manager of a football club in Scotland.
    He would succeed as manager at Rangers or Celtic as he would be backed financially by their board of directors but that does not appear to be the case at Dundee Football Club where he has had to offload high earning players to get in new players during the January transfer window.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    A distraction.......they would be semi interested.

It's not even a distraction.

If it wasn't for this change of direction to build a retail park they would be long gone or we wud already be sharing with another club.

Keyes......two games in 3 years I think.

Nelms .....mute �� in Ailse 3 at Sainsbury's.

Sometimes wonder what GB really thinks, left to try and build a wee bit of rapport with support in a different country getting absolutely no backing in that regard from the man in charge who sometimes just cannae be arsed going to the game and speaks less than the queen in public.......and she's ****ing deid.
    Was Nelms at last Saturday’s game at Firhill or did he avoid going again.

When you see the number that Ayr brought through it makes sense not to print tickets and a cash gate was justified. Thought the crowd numbers were very poor last night and there were no queues of any size at the shop or at the Coxy turnstiles. Wonder if a cash gate for the home end would have made much difference, certainly it would not have harmed. Overall a poor crowd especially in the Coxy. Crowd over 4000 mmmm............!

Home Gates, by tradition, have included all ST holders. Actual number is never given out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodbroon View Post
    When you see the number that Ayr brought through it makes sense not to print tickets and a cash gate was justified. Thought the crowd numbers were very poor last night and there were no queues of any size at the shop or at the Coxy turnstiles. Wonder if a cash gate for the home end would have made much difference, certainly it would not have harmed. Overall a poor crowd especially in the Coxy. Crowd over 4000 mmmm............!
    How many Ayr United supporters were at last night’s game.
    I did not attend last night’s game because I am suffering from a cold. I did not fancy going to the ticket office on Tuesday afternoon to purchase my ticket and then go back to Dens for last night’s game.
    I was certainly not prepared to run the risk of having to stand in a queue outside the ticket office before the game to purchase my ticket before the game so I stayed at home.
    In the past I would have crawled out of my sickbed to attend a Dundee FC home but with Nelms’s failure to communicate with the Dundee supporters I like a lot of Dundee supporters who do not have a season ticket decided to give last night’s game a miss.
    The attendance for every home game consists of every season ticket holder whether they are at the game or not plus all the individual tickets purchased for the game and the Away supporters.
    You are correct that a cash gate for the Dundee supporters would have helped increase last night’s attendance which used to happen Pre Covid for all home games apart from all ticket games against Rangers, Celtic and the Dabs.
    There was a cash turnstile in the Main Stand and occasionally in the Bobby Cox Stand.
    However the management of Dundee Football Club will not listen to the Dundee supporters who pay their lavish salaries pleas for cash turnstiles for in the Home stands.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    I did not attend last night’s game because I am suffering from a cold. I did not fancy going to the ticket office on Tuesday afternoon to purchase my ticket and then go back to Dens for last night’s game.
    I was certainly not prepared to run the risk of having to stand in a queue outside the ticket office before the game to purchase my ticket before the game so I stayed at home.
    In the past I would have crawled out of my sickbed to attend a Dundee FC home but with Nelms’s failure to communicate with the Dundee supporters I like a lot of Dundee supporters who do not have a season ticket decided to give last night’s game a miss.
    The attendance for every home game consists of every season ticket holder whether they are at the game or not plus all the individual tickets purchased for the game and the Away supporters.
    You are correct that a cash gate for the Dundee supporters would have helped increase last night’s attendance which used to happen Pre Covid for all home games apart from all ticket games against Rangers, Celtic and the Dabs.
    There was a cash turnstile in the Main Stand and occasionally in the Bobby Cox Stand.
    However the management of Dundee Football Club will not listen to the Dundee supporters who pay their lavish salaries pleas for cash turnstiles for in the Home stands.
    Just over a hundred

Announced as 128 iirc.

In the past I would have crawled out of my sickbed to attend a Dundee FC home .
    Except when you were an armchair fan of course.

I didn't go last night, not easy to get back from Aberdeen, fed and then motivated to go to Dens - especially given recent performances. Sadly I found it very easy to just sit at home and check LiveScore for updates.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)