+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cash turnstiles for Ayr United supporters

Cash turnstiles for Ayr United supporters

According to the Ayr United FC website there will be cash turnstiles for Ayr United supporters for Tuesday night’s game at Dens Park. https://ayrunitedfc.co.uk/dundee-a-ticket-info-210323
    I look forward to Greg Fenton who is the General Manager of Dundee Football Club explaining why he will not have cash turnstiles for Dundee supporters in the Main Stand and Bobby Cox Stand for this Tuesday night’s home game against Ayr United.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    According to the Ayr United FC website there will be cash turnstiles for Ayr United supporters for Tuesday night’s game at Dens Park. https://ayrunitedfc.co.uk/dundee-a-ticket-info-210323
    I look forward to Greg Fenton who is the General Manager of Dundee Football Club explaining why he will not have cash turnstiles for Dundee supporters in the Main Stand and Bobby Cox Stand for this Tuesday night’s home game against Ayr United.
    I replied to the Dee4Life questionnaire and my question was
    Why PATG for visiting fans an no PATG for home fans?

Groundhog day

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    I replied to the Dee4Life questionnaire and my question was
    Why PATG for visiting fans an no PATG for home fans?
    Dee4life Director Kenny Valentine asked Greg Fenton this question when he had his meeting with him on Friday 13th January 2023.
    Over two months later we are still waiting for the answer to his question.
    I also know that the SLO has asked the same question to Greg Fenton with no success.
    Perhaps the only way to get an answer is for the non season ticket holders to boycott a home league game before the end of this season.

Dee4life Director Kenny Valentine asked Greg Fenton this question when he had his meeting with him on Friday 13th January 2023.
    Over two months later we are still waiting for the answer to his question.
    I also know that the SLO has asked the same question to Greg Fenton with no success.
    Perhaps the only way to get an answer is for the non season ticket holders to boycott a home league game before the end of this season.
    Not sure about boycotts. I think there must be a reason why they don't want PATG for home fans. Their problem is that just saying no is not going to stop the complaints imo. Are Dee4life still willing to make the investment in a modern Ticketing arrangements? We will be at Dens next season so surely something needs to happen?

well they can stick my £24 right up their collective arseholes,patg for away fans and no patg for our home fans,beggars belief

Quote Originally Posted by shaded View Post
    well they can stick my £24 right up their collective arseholes,patg for away fans and no patg for our home fans,beggars belief
    Like you I disagree with this policy and no doubt many will do as you will and not attend costing the club a lot of money. This subject comes up most games and it shouldn't be a surprise any more, it has been this way all season. We, for whatever reason, want to go along the route of no cash gates, all ticket. We also seem to want all of the away sides to sell tickets so there are no away cash gates. Unfortunately for DFC only the clubs that follow the cashless entry/ticket sales at their own grounds have played ball. Most have simply refused to sell our tickets, hence the number of away cash gate games. We can make representations to the club through whatever supporters group we like it appears the club are set in their ways and unlikely to listen. If we go up all the Premier Clubs go along with selling away tickets so cash gates would disappear (do any Premier Clubs operate cash gates? I don't think so). There are those who want cash gates at all games possible even in the Premier but I reckon the main problem is, as per the thread name, the fact that away supporters are allowed something home supporters cant get.

Not going to games seems to me to be hurting ourselves rather than helping to bring about a change of policy. If this is a result of the other clubs not being able to sell our tickets then why has this explanation not been given by officials. We are not children, we are not illiterate and we are not incapable of understanding rational explanations for actions taken by the club.
    They have to tell us what is going on and why imo. If they stick to saying nothing I worry that a PATG strike might turn into a Season Ticket strike.

Just one example of why it gets right on my mambos when I hear that we are regarded as family by those at the top of the tree.
    Absolute Bull.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Not going to games seems to me to be hurting ourselves rather than helping to bring about a change of policy. If this is a result of the other clubs not being able to sell our tickets then why has this explanation not been given by officials. We are not children, we are not illiterate and we are not incapable of understanding rational explanations for actions taken by the club.
    They have to tell us what is going on and why imo. If they stick to saying nothing I worry that a PATG strike might turn into a Season Ticket strike.
    That about the away clubs not selling tickets came from a query in the ticket office. Could be wrong and would have no clue where to find it but I seem to remember seeing the same in print, somewhere.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)