+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Hard to take but proud

Hard to take but proud

The lads ran their socks off but it wasn't to be.
    Luck and the referee was against us.
    Cracking game and a cracking goal to see us bow out.
    Good luck Sheffield United and now its time for us to cement our play off place.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    The lads ran their socks off but it wasn't to be.
    Luck and the referee was against us.
    Cracking game and a cracking goal to see us bow out.
    Good luck Sheffield United and now its time for us to cement our play off place.
    I'm gutted. I thought we had no luck. Their man stops the ball on the line. Yellow card? Willian gets sent off 2 hours later for Fulham in the same situation. Sheff Utd 1 nil down with 10 men having to play 70 mins a man down would have been a different game. Their first goal going 10 yards wide hitting SG's knee and going in was hard to take. Hedges shot hitting the post and rolling across the line was tough to take. Seeing them score 2 hugely undeserved goals at the end was tough to take. Seeing them lose 7 nil to Man City next is enjoyable. Watching Boro go above them in the league will be too. I just hope we get to play them in the play offs. They simply could not get more luck and more decisions go their way. Fk them celebrating like they had won the cup. They got incredibly lucky.

What can I say,the Clarets were blown away by City. Always expected it though,but was hoping it wouldn't be by 6 goals. Just shows the gulf in class and how much difference it is having billions to play with.
    I watched the Rovers match and thought Sheff Utd had all the luck in the world.The shot that hit the inside of the post and rolled across the line was incredibly unlucky,the game was over if that had gone in.they should have had a man sent off as well.
    One complaint was why did he make the substitution when it was not needed. The winning goal was a worldie though but Rovers didn't deserve to lose and extra time would have been needed.
    Like you say City will beat them and hopefully Boro can catch them and nudge them into the play offs with you lads..You could get your revenge at Wembley maybe,that would be good. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    What can I say,the Clarets were blown away by City. Always expected it though,but was hoping it wouldn't be by 6 goals. Just shows the gulf in class and how much difference it is having billions to play with.
    I watched the Rovers match and thought Sheff Utd had all the luck in the world.The shot that hit the inside of the post and rolled across the line was incredibly unlucky,the game was over if that had gone in.they should have had a man sent off as well.
    One complaint was why did he make the substitution when it was not needed. The winning goal was a worldie though but Rovers didn't deserve to lose and extra time would have been needed.
    Like you say City will beat them and hopefully Boro can catch them and nudge them into the play offs with you lads..You could get your revenge at Wembley maybe,that would be good. Lol
    Cheers Alf. I appreciate that. It was quite hard to take as we put so much into a great game of football. And generally things went against us. That said, I have to admit I thought the subs and change to the system invited them into a game I felt they were running out of ideas in the longer it went on.
    I saw your game, its scary because you are a step up from anyone at this level. You played well first half hour. Did absolutely nothing wrong, but found yourself 3 down in a blink of an eye. They just went through the gears and that was that. But I reiterate,, you didn't do anything wrong. The gulf scares me.
    Alot of Blades I know acted with no class, so I'll enjoy watching them spend a small fortune on a trip to Wembley to see them get slapped by Man City.
    No point me still crying. We need to beat them in the play offs.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)