+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Back to reality

Quote Originally Posted by nay123 View Post
    So you did not mention about the last 3 players brought into the club being un match fit and injured plus no defensive players �� did the goalkeeper not give 2 penalties away in the first game and it should have been 3 by the way ?????
    You're wrong about the penalties. The Brooks challenge shouldn't have been a penalty as he got to the ball first.
    The one you allude to that was a free kick should have been a free kick to us. The keeper cleared the ball and their player came into the keeper after he had kicked it. I cant remember how they got their other penalty but I'm sure it wasn't anything to do with Brooks!
    Last edited by SwalePie; 20-03-2023 at 07:16 PM.

The way I see it, we:

Have the best owners we've had in ages
    Have the best manager (or head coach) we've had in ages
    Have the best group of players we've had in ages
    Are having the best season we've had in ages

So there shouldn't be much to complain about really. Sure, we've timed all of the above to coincide with the only season in history where it might not result in anything, but that's just Notts County doing Notts County stuff. How could it be any different?

Trouble is there are players out injured. But the last 3 that were brought in are either injured or not match fit. but the manager is still trying to fite them in on match day. then we have a young goalkeeper who is very shakey.plus no cover in defence what could go wrong.
    I surprised that you say Brooks is shakey? - I think he has performed well in the matches he has played!

So you did not mention about the last 3 players brought into the club being un match fit and injured plus no defensive players 🤔 did the goalkeeper not give 2 penalties away in the first game and it should have been 3 by the way ?????
    You need to look at the highlights again

As a summary of things mentioned on here.
    1. I agree, there shouldn't be anything to complain about really. We've just fallen short due to squad depth and a few injuries. Any other season, we have already won the league by now.

2. Agree that we need to be more 'streetwise' in the playoffs a la Grimsby last year. However, why change the way we play now? Could be risky. Although, its defo worth watching back some of their performances if you are LW.

3. Brooks...seen the highlights from Saturday and thought he did well again tbh. No complaints from me.

So you did not mention about the last 3 players brought into the club being un match fit and injured plus no defensive players ��
    No I didn't. Your point being?

I picked up on the comment I thought required a response, highlighted it, and gave my view. I chose not to comment at all on your other points, for or against. That's how message boards work.

Did the goalkeeper not give 2 penalties away in the first game and it should have been 3 by the way ?????
    Brooks saved the first penalty, and by common consensus the second penalty was a terrible mistake by the referee, who may or may not have made other mistakes during the game. The point is, you made a statement about the goalkeeper looking 'very shaky' when the only thing that's shaky, to date, is your evidence. Basically what you're implying is that he's a young goalkeeper who shouldn't be trusted, but Brooks' performances so far have been largely fine.

So you did not mention about the last 3 players brought into the club being un match fit and injured plus no defensive players 🤔 did the goalkeeper not give 2 penalties away in the first game and it should have been 3 by the way ?????
    What game were you watching??

Black and white glasses 😀

Black and white glasses ��
    That explains it. You need to scrape the paint off them. Clear ones work better!

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Good OP

We'll be favourites if it has to be the play-offs, but despite being 20+ points clear, I don't think our opponents will fear us - they'll think they have a good shot.

I'm hopeful for Morais, but the mid-season acquisitions, which seem to depart from the recruitment strategy in order to meet our immediate goals might be our undoing. Sorry, but Bostock, CLE and even Jones haven't come off in terms of keeping up with Wrexham and creating separation from the pack (so that we don't fail to beat B'Wood/Barnet - our likely opponents)

That, and LW not knowing his best team is a worry. So, I agree 55, work to do in making sure we're ready as a cup side that can do the business in 2 winner-takes-all games
    Let's not gloss over it but CLE is Sh!t and hasn't offered anything, taxi to Stockport and give his place to Morias and see if he'd offer more.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast