+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Back to reality

I agree we need someone to pin our angst and disappointment on, JB had his turn now let's pin CLE on the dartboard.

He's been with us what almost a month now so no excuses boy! We are a highly efficient, highly productive NL outfit and we ain't got time nor space for misfits coming in from L2 or elsewhere. Above all we need someone to moan, and we are having to scrape the barrel this season but it's your turn.

CLE = sh!t
    Last edited by SwalePie; 20-03-2023 at 07:26 PM.

Thoughts so far.
    Experience is massive for a goalkeeper, but Brooks has done really well given his age. Looks very promising since coming in. Gaining invaluable experience. CLE's hasn't done too badly, but we need more than 'okay' at this point. Hasn't hit the ground running. Hopefully will step up. Give me Austin for his energy, drive and will to win.

Jones looks more than capable and comfortable, but hasn't scored. Has he even got an assist? Takes far too many touches for me. Hopefully he can turn his talent into end product. Can't fault him for effort and urgency. Deliveries far better than Chicksen's.
    Chicksen's decent in his own half. Great engine to get in the opposition box. But poor crossing and inability to beat a man drive me up the wall.

Bostock taking too many unnecessary touches. Five or six when one or two would do. Should work out the pass before he gets the ball. Needs to be busting a gut. Showing a will to win. A determination to dig something out. Perhaps play one twos and get in the box himself. Best when looking to feed the striker from a central position. Need more of that. Give me Baj. Give him a run. Needs it for his confidence. Great player on his game and thrives when he's in the thick of the action.

How many of our attacks go through Nemane? 70 - 80%? Why? Because Chicksen checks back and recycles. Nemane's the easy outlet because of his undoubted ability to terrorise defenders, but it makes our build up so unbalanced. And unfortunately his final ball is too often not good enough.

Ruben should be nowhere near free kicks.

Why have we added so much to midfield but not in defence, which looks thin? Too late to be adding any players now, I reckon, unless in an emergency. We need to start with players with the most character, determination and will to win in this run in.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 20-03-2023 at 07:27 PM.

To call CLE sh1t is ridiculous, he’s not match fit. If the club has messed up it has to be bringing in 3 with all no game time, that said is how do you bring in a match fit player as a clubs only going to let go in Jan if their not playing.
    I think some of the posts suggest some fans will never ever be happy, taking out what league we’re in you probably won’t see this again for another 10 or 20 years in terms of points haul, though I hope we do.

We obviously should win the playoffs, I think most people are apprehensive only because we’re Notts County and we always **** the playoffs up.

Brooks was good on Saturday, I’ve no worries about him, Bostock played his part in a fine first half performance. Jones and CLE weren’t great when they came on, but then no one was at that stage. I wish JJ would take more responsibility for having an effort on goal, he’s clearly got a shot on him.

We’re definitely light on defenders, especially ones who are a threat in the opposition box. Only LW knows why we haven’t signed anyone, no one available who’s better than what we’ve got presumably, imo Rawlinson isn’t quite up to the standard we’re currently requiring, but not by much.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    We obviously should win the playoffs, I think most people are apprehensive only because we’re Notts County and we always **** the playoffs up.

Brooks was good on Saturday, I’ve no worries about him, Bostock played his part in a fine first half performance. Jones and CLE weren’t great when they came on, but then no one was at that stage. I wish JJ would take more responsibility for having an effort on goal, he’s clearly got a shot on him.

We’re definitely light on defenders, especially ones who are a threat in the opposition box. Only LW knows why we haven’t signed anyone, no one available who’s better than what we’ve got presumably, imo Rawlinson isn’t quite up to the standard we’re currently requiring, but not by much.
    I think Rawlo just needs a rest. As does Chicks and Nemane (only because LW kept giving him a break earlier on in the season to keep him fresh). Probably most of them do but we don't have the numbers.
    As for Brooks - taking emotion out of it - who would you want to see in the play-off final? Brooks or Slocombe?

I can never quite make my mind up on Rawlinson. There is so much to love about him, his physicality being one of them, and he rarely lets us down, but I've never been fully convinced. Agree with BFP he's good but is he quite good enough. With the right players alongside I think yes, just.

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    I think Rawlo just needs a rest. As does Chicks and Nemane (only because LW kept giving him a break earlier on in the season to keep him fresh). Probably most of them do but we don't have the numbers.
    As for Brooks - taking emotion out of it - who would you want to see in the play-off final? Brooks or Slocombe?
    Oh definitely Slocombe currently, what I mean is there’s no need to go out and get someone else, unless there’s a Patterson future England keeper type kicking his heels at Derby or somewhere. Chicksen was poor in an attacking sense on Saturday, as someone else said, would have been good to see Jones put on at LWB late on. But Chicksen is one of those lads who never get subbed.

Jones is the only decent player out of the 3. LW has put too much faith in JB and CLE, and it has not worked.. My advice would be, to stop tinkering and get back to what we were doing best at..

Remember when Claudio Ranieri was labelled the tinkerman? He then performed the biggest surprise in Premier League history by winning the league.

Some tinkers work , some don't. Luke Williams knows best with this squad.

... so what's with all this over-analysing ? We have very good players. Sometimes you need a bit of luck. LW won't have given up; neither will the players. What LW says in public is probably the reverse of what he says internally. Some need to stop moaning and have a spine ... COYP ...

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast