+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Back to reality

I guess everybody has a different outlook on things, some will always see the positives and some will see the negatives, and it is difficult to accept the opinion from someone on the other side of the positive/negative spectrum. This should lead to healthy debate.

I am quite used to some of the negative vibes on here now. I know it comes with the territory being a Notts fan but just saw this on the beeb -
    https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/65013685

If he has given up with over 20 points to play for I seriously wonder whether I should just jack all this in myself?

Yup I'm sure on the training ground and in the dressing room he's told the players to down tools and stop paying for wins until the guaranteed playoff game.

Never take what is said in the media seriously, well that's my advice anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Another one View Post
    I am quite used to some of the negative vibes on here now. I know it comes with the territory being a Notts fan but just saw this on the beeb -
    https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/65013685

If he has given up with over 20 points to play for I seriously wonder whether I should just jack all this in myself?
    Its not over until such time we cannot mathematically catch them. Anything can happen between now and the end of season.. Remember Rochdale....

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Its not over until such time we cannot mathematically catch them. Anything can happen between now and the end of season.. Remember Rochdale....
    We have to remember that we are all on the same side.
    In 15 / 20 years time the owners won’t be here, the manager and his staff won’t be here and the players won’t be here.
    Bur we the fans as a collective will be here. The owners, management and players are acting on our behalf.
    It is our club and we are all entitled to our opinions.

I'm pretty sure I won't be here in 20 years either but anyway, after 40 years of media and communications work, I am sure that saying it's all over was a mistake and I suspect LW has been told so. Let's see what he says after the next round of games, especially if Wrexham lose and Notts win.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Austin scored two goals against Southend then was dropped for the next game against Dag and Red (which we lost) he must have got really tired scoring twice.
    No he came on as sub and we lost, we was drawing when he came on
    Although I love Sam Austin who is a very important part of the squad, the facts are above
    Obviously LW thinks he plays 90 minutes every game at our intensity he would break down injured and with all the stats, physio available and LW's knowledge I'm happy to go with that.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 21-03-2023 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Proactive not Reactive View Post
    No he came on as sub and we lost, we was drawing when he came on
    Although I love Sam Austin who is a very important part of the squad, the facts are above
    Obviously LW thinks he plays 90 minutes every game at our intensity he would breakdown injured and with all the stats,physio available and LW's knowledge I'm happy to go with that.
    We won the game 4-0 and Austin started and finished the game...

Pl39 w27 d10 l2 pts 91

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Pl39 w27 d10 l2 pts 91
    Exactly

The reason for potentially finishing 2nd is Wrexhams relentless home form. It’s near perfect. Ours is still ridiculously good, just not as good as it stands today.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast