+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Back to reality

Austin could run all day. And the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Nobody on here is typing out a team in Word, printing it, storming into Meadow Lane ripping LW's teamsheet off the board and replacing it with theirs.

They're just giving their opinions on the team/players and if 'Views from the Kop' doesn't include that then it's no forum at all.
    Exactly.

What are people expecting to see when they log on to a football message board? I expect to see different opinions about football, on here about Notts County in particular.

This thread on the whole has been an interesting debate about the team we all love. People moaning about negativity isn’t interesting, it’s really dull, please stop.

I expect to see lots of varying opinions about Notts, some really good, some bad, some ugly. Some I agree with, and some I don't. And that's the case, that's always been the case since I first registered.

If anybody is actually worried about NCM all agreeing with no differing opinions, debate and arguments there really is no need to be. It's never been the case, it never will be. Not even close. If you don't believe me look at any page of the NCM history books.

I also expect to see some perspective and just a little self-awareness when giving opinions about all things Notts. If you can't manage that this season then you never will.

Well that's more of a hope than an expectation.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    We won the game 4-0 and Austin started and finished the game...
    Not versus Dagenham the game you said he had been dropped for after scoring 2 versus Southend 😜

Quote Originally Posted by OldBanksy View Post
    Austin could run all day. And the next day.
    Obviously you have all the stats and watch him in training …perhaps you ought to tell LW 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by Proactive not Reactive View Post
    Not versus Dagenham the game you said he had been dropped for after scoring 2 versus Southend ��
    He was dropped for the daggers game. That's the point, He shouldn't have been. The fact that he came on as a sub is irrespective of what happened in the game. That's tinker man for you..

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Pl39 w27 d10 l2 pts 91
    That's also the tinker man for you.

Managers have their favourites. Nothing wrong with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Proactive not Reactive View Post
    Obviously you have all the stats and watch him in training …perhaps you ought to tell LW 🤔
    With six favourites it leaves LW with the other players fighting for five places. Naturally he wants to keep everyone happy and on board. I don't like the idea of dismissing some players as needing a rest when they clearly don't.

I kind of agree with Durham to a degree….I can see why he may feel our performances have dropped off since the arrival of the loanees this season, and I too would prefer to see a more settled central midfield. I also wonder, after impacting games so well (although I’m not a massive fan of his) why Austin hasn’t had more of a run in the team.

That being said, it would also have been unrealistic to expect JOB, Palmer and Bajrami to survive the whole season and not suffer a dip in form….or become complacent with their positions. LW and the club have worked wonders really, the recruitment they have made in the midfield/attacking positions have been as good as we could’ve hoped for and on the whole they have fitted in pretty darn well.

Personally I feel without Slocombe we are significantly weaker….I really hope he is back for Saturday, though I appreciate others differing opinions on our other GK’s. I also harboured hopes for a more physical presence up front. I know, it’s not the way we play, but a bid for a Michael Cheek type could make such a difference coming off the bench for us.

We have set our stall out now, and rightly so, there’s not a team in the league who doesn’t have to change the way they play to compete with us, which can’t be said of previous seasons……but still, I fear our Plan B is just a little bit too much like Plan A at the minute. Let’s hope it is good enough.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast