+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cows, this cannot be the new norm surely

Cows, this cannot be the new norm surely

So last night I went to my sister in laws farm over near Skipton.

Absolutely blown away. The cows stay INSIDE %100 of the time. They never venture into fields etc. Inside they have areas to roam and sleep and an Automatic milking system. When the cows get hungry they go eat the food pellets (chemically enriched) and at the same time are automatically milked.

The farmers life will be a lot easier but it just seems wrong to me. It was actually quite sad to see.

I prefer to see them out in the fields enjoying themselves living off the land and free roaming. Imagine being kept inside all your life. Just like a lifer in prison.poor Cows.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    I prefer to see them out in the fields enjoying themselves living off the land and free roaming. Imagine being kept inside all your life. Just like a lifer in prison.poor Cows.
    We have exactly the same setup on two farms within a quarter of a mile each way from my back door Alfie. It's f*cking distressing to see, it really is.

Whatever happened to the concept of "animal welfare".

They'll be advertising products from free range cows next and charging more for them. On the plus side it should reduce the number of hikers killed by cows each year.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    They'll be advertising products from free range cows next and charging more for them. On the plus side it should reduce the number of hikers killed by cows each year.
    If one had a brain in one's head one would not go anywhere near a cow infested field k_c.

I lived in Cumbria for 12 years and the amount of eejits I saw enter fields with dogs when calves and or bulls were in attendance was incredible.

Sadly a woman who I advised not to enter a particular footpath ignored my advice and paid the ultimate price I found out later via national news headlines.

Quiz time.....

What's lives inside of this ?

Answer below.

Pigs.....it a Chinese Pig Farm

and here's where fast food chain (KFC / Mcdonalds etc) Chickens live - for about 35 days before then end up inside a bun.

Standing up to their little chicken knees in chicken pi$$ too Norder

What's wrong with a proper salad butty?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Standing up to their little chicken knees in chicken pi$$ too Norder

What's wrong with a proper salad butty?

"Not arf" - BT

as this.....

the early crop, oooh, can't wait !

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post

Quiz time.....

What's lives inside of this ?

Answer below.

Pigs.....it a Chinese Pig Farm

and here's where fast food chain (KFC / Mcdonalds etc) Chickens live - for about 35 days before then end up inside a bun.

Funnily enough I bought a pig from the butchers last week. They used to cost me around £120. Now the're £230. Reason he said was the Chinese are buying all the pigs up. Not sure if that's the case but it is what he said.

“Funnily enough I bought a pig from the butchers last week. They used to cost me around £120. Now the're £230. Reason he said was the Chinese are buying all the pigs up. Not sure if that's the case but it is what he said.”

It’s subsidised state farming that’s what. They get a whopping great Government grunt.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)