+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 12 days

Good point well made Buddy.
    They are already ripping us off with the increase.
    Last season as I remember it was a freeze on Premier League prices from the season before. Next season potentially could be Championship football with an increase on those Premier League prices. Add another £20 penalty into those willing and able to buy but can’t do in one lump sum and just gets even more ridiculous. A fellow Dee said to me the other night at the game that the Supporters Society would have been better asking their members what they thought before prices were set - couldn’t disagree with him.
    Smart thinking.
    Well done and thanks to Gary Bowyer and the team for the win and the performance on Tuesday night, really enjoyed the game.

Quote Originally Posted by scottg View Post
    That’s yourself and B Cram both asked what is a good question - wonder where we are with this ? Four months from the AGM where I was under the impression that nomination was imminent and no update for members since. Going to drop a note and ask that an update is provided in the monthly newsletter.
    That is a good idea and if you get an answer it will be a big improvement on the usual ‘guff’ in the monthly newsletter.

Good point well made Buddy.
    They are already ripping us off with the increase.
    Last season as I remember it was a freeze on Premier League prices from the season before. Next season potentially could be Championship football with an increase on those Premier League prices. Add another £20 penalty into those willing and able to buy but can’t do in one lump sum and just gets even more ridiculous. A fellow Dee said to me the other night at the game that the Supporters Society would have been better asking their members what they thought before prices were set - couldn’t disagree with him.
    Smart thinking.
    Well done and thanks to Gary Bowyer and the team for the win and the performance on Tuesday night, really enjoyed the game.
    I can only assume that Nelms thinks that he is giving the season ticket holders who sign up for their new season ticket before 5th May 2023 and pay the facility fee of £20 the benefit of paying £380 for their season ticket instead of £410 for a season ticket purchased after 5th May 2023. In fact they are paying £400 including the £20 facility fee for their season ticket.
    As the Club are now running this four monthly payment scheme there is nothing to stop them taking a leaf out of Ayr United’s book and operating the system that they have in place for people paying up cost of their season ticket for the 2023-24 season. https://ayrunitedfc.co.uk/season-tickets-202324
    Of course there is a big difference between the management of Ayr United and Dundee Football Club.
    The Ayr United management communicate with their supporters whist the Dundee Football Club management ignore their supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    My question is, why charge fans that opt to pay season ticket £20, they’re taking this option because they can’t afford to pay full price in a a one off payment, we aren’t using a finance company and tickets won’t be handed over until paid so why rip fans off for another £20
    No good reason for this charge if it is being done in house. There should be an APR mentioned in the paperwork and I suspect this arrangement does not comply with credit protection legislation.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    No good reason for this charge if it is being done in house. There should be an APR mentioned in the paperwork and I suspect this arrangement does not comply with credit protection legislation.
    You are dead right that they are pushing it charging a facility fee. It is out of order for an in house pay up deal. The facility fee however is not like a loan arrangement fee charged along with interest on a loan. The set up is simply a prepayment and it seems the ticket is not handed over until the full amount is paid. Imo it is outrageous to charge for doing this but if it is not a loan then no apr is applicable because there is no interest. I don't think it would fall foul of credit protection legislation, I could be wrong, because it is advertised up front and not a hidden charge. Outrageous all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodbroon View Post
    You are dead right that they are pushing it charging a facility fee. It is out of order for an in house pay up deal. The facility fee however is not like a loan arrangement fee charged along with interest on a loan. The set up is simply a prepayment and it seems the ticket is not handed over until the full amount is paid. Imo it is outrageous to charge for doing this but if it is not a loan then no apr is applicable because there is no interest. I don't think it would fall foul of credit protection legislation, I could be wrong, because it is advertised up front and not a hidden charge. Outrageous all the same.
    I had a look at how you calculate the APR. In the example I saw, you add any facility fee to any interest charge and divide that figure by the amount of the cash price for the season ticket. You then divide that number by the number of days allowed to make to complete payment. You multiply that number by 365 to make the figure reflect the annual charge and finally you multiply that figure by 100 to express it as a percentage. If anyone wants to do the maths I hope this gives you the basics!

I had a look at how you calculate the APR. In the example I saw, you add any facility fee to any interest charge and divide that figure by the amount of the cash price for the season ticket. You then divide that number by the number of days allowed to make to complete payment. You multiply that number by 365 to make the figure reflect the annual charge and finally you multiply that figure by 100 to express it as a percentage. If anyone wants to do the maths I hope this gives you the basics!
    But there is no interest. If you buy something on HP and receive the goods/ticket at the outset you are borrowing from the seller or a finance co./ bank and pay interest, usually, and repay over a set period. In this 'deal' all you are doing is giving the club (lending to them if you like) money in advance until you have paid it all up then you get your ticket, you do not borrow anything. A bit like a Christmas clubbie where you get all your money back to spend at christmas. APR doesn't come into it. Still bizarre to charge for this though if the club have they benefit of the fans money for a few months before passing over the ST.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodbroon View Post
    But there is no interest. If you buy something on HP and receive the goods/ticket at the outset you are borrowing from the seller or a finance co./ bank and pay interest, usually, and repay over a set period. In this 'deal' all you are doing is giving the club (lending to them if you like) money in advance until you have paid it all up then you get your ticket, you do not borrow anything. A bit like a Christmas clubbie where you get all your money back to spend at christmas. APR doesn't come into it. Still bizarre to charge for this though if the club have they benefit of the fans money for a few months before passing over the ST.
    The example I found specifically mentioned adding together any arrangement fee to the interest charged to calculate the APR.

That’s yourself and B Cram both asked what is a good question - wonder where we are with this ? Four months from the AGM where I was under the impression that nomination was imminent and no update for members since. Going to drop a note and ask that an update is provided in the monthly newsletter.
    let us know what the reply is mate iv also emailed asking for a copy of all the questions that have been asked in the recent survey,

totally agree with your interpretation of what was said re nomination,was a nominee put forward?was it accepted or refused if anyone was nominated? a very big question and an even bigger question if a nomination has been put forward and denied.

the lack of info is actually worse than the lack of info cumn from nelms imo and needs to change rapidly

The example I found specifically mentioned adding together any arrangement fee to the interest charged to calculate the APR.
    But the point is you can't add the arrangement fee to the interest charged if there is no interest charged. Also to be charged interest you have to borrow. In this not very great arrangement the season ticket holder is actually pre-paying or to put it another way sort of lending money to the club rather than borrowing money from the club. The facility fee is more like those stupid booking fees added onto concert tickets etc., nothing to do with any borrowing/loans.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)