+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gillingham

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    Mcdonald out injured
    Just read that. It never rains ...........

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    I know I'll regret this but...
    if we have 5 forwards, who is going to win the ball and then give it to the 5 forwards? Please don't suggest the 5 who would line up behind as they would clearly be swamped and overrun by the opposition. That kind of formation also includes 1 centre half. Wouldn't last long against the style of play of some of the teams in this division.
    I seem to recall the 1966 world cup winning team had a back 4 of Cohen/Moore/Charlton/Wilson(?)

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    11 players out injured or on international duty. Not enough left to fill the bench.
    Love it, at last a bit of gamesmanship by the management!!

Lull the opposition into a false sense of confidence, who think they only have to turn up.

Shock result of the night incoming - Crewe to win 2-1, Big Nev to score (gotta happen one day, hasn't it?)

I'd go with a different approach tonight, let's play both Nevitt and CBR upfront tonight with Ageyi floating just behind and cut out our non existent midfield, it must be worth a go with our very limited resources. I noticed on Saturday that Mellor was really struggling, already a game too far but he will have to go again, I guess at centre half and revert to a back four. It might even work and surprise the opposition.
    A real shout out to anybody going, you are all above and beyond.
    Anyway a 3-1 loss from me.

Quote Originally Posted by MeForCrewe View Post
    I'd go with a different approach tonight, let's play both Nevitt and CBR upfront tonight with Ageyi floating just behind and cut out our non existent midfield, it must be worth a go with our very limited resources. I noticed on Saturday that Mellor was really struggling, already a game too far but he will have to go again, I guess at centre half and revert to a back four. It might even work and surprise the opposition.
    A real shout out to anybody going, you are all above and beyond.
    Anyway a 3-1 loss from me.
    Connor Thomas at CH?

Yes Jimmy, I forgot about him, we'll have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by frogpole View Post
    I seem to recall the 1966 world cup winning team had a back 4 of Cohen/Moore/Charlton/Wilson(?)
    We had five forwards and and a midfield, centre half and two full backs. ie 5 attackers and 5 defenders..Now we are lucky to see ONE forward...

Tactics dictated games and I think it was Benkenbaur the great wing half who was given the job of shadowing Bobby Charlton, but maybe that may be someone else..

Coaches are a mass job regeneration scheme that cost billions world wide and hundreds of millions in the UK and a million pounds here at Crewe...Money sadly wasted...

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    I know I'll regret this but...
    if we have 5 forwards, who is going to win the ball and then give it to the 5 forwards? Please don't suggest the 5 who would line up behind as they would clearly be swamped and overrun by the opposition. That kind of formation also includes 1 centre half. Wouldn't last long against the style of play of some of the teams in this division.
    All that sounds as though you know very little about football....Talented players can get the ball from the GK. Full, backs, midfield and use their natural skills to beat the opposition and actually score goals...Go on youtube and watch the good footballers of the past to see how its done...running round in circles in your own half doesn't work and never has...We don't need a coach to tell us this..

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    All that sounds as though you know very little about football....Talented players can get the ball from the GK. Full, backs, midfield and use their natural skills to beat the opposition and actually score goals...Go on youtube and watch the good footballers of the past to see how its done...running round in circles in your own half doesn't work and never has...We don't need a coach to tell us this..
    Jesus, Joseph, Mary and the wee donkey, will it ever end?

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    Jesus, Joseph, Mary and the wee donkey, will it ever end?
    Haha, it will end when some fans know about football and with respect this board suggests very little and again with respect I put one very simple question to you all..I repeat again..

We have three manager/coaches on the touchline...

Is it working when we fail to have one single shot on goal?

OK question 2...If we got rid of two of them, would not that free up some money for better players and even a better manager?

Now, until fans can answer that very simple two questions, and seemingly the Chairman and the BoD can't or don't want to, this club is destined for the National League, possibly sooner than you think!

I will give up when this team starts to 'significantly' improve where we can at least compete with ohers in this bottom league. And that means changing a number of things to do so and its difficult to se how tbh...For me who has played this game, its dead easy. For those that haven't. Well, You pay the money and so expect the worst and you cannot say you haven't been told for some years now...

Just one question or two above and so I will keep putting them on here until you do...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast