+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Gillingham

Amen to that!
    The performance overall was better (yes, I know - it couldn't be much worse!). There was a shape and the ball was generally passed around progressively. It's just clear that some are not up to the mark. Ainley's stunner of a goal (how many times has that been said before??) although significant was his only noticeable contribution to the game. Tabiner was unusually quiet. Agyei was more effective when he tucked in or came off the wing (just wish he stayed on his feet a bit more). Thomas continues to be a good centre half (perhaps he should give up the day job!).
    As for the goals!!! The last few games, I've been screaming at them to stop passing back to the goalkeeper (usually from the half way line) yet, irony of ironies, when the situation demands a calm pass back to the keeper, they choose not to- with tragicomic results.

Interesting to watch Bell in the post-match interview. He could barely contain his anger. I thought he was going to burst into tears. - Another big turnover of players at the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Amen to that!
    The performance overall was better (yes, I know - it couldn't be much worse!). There was a shape and the ball was generally passed around progressively. It's just clear that some are not up to the mark. Ainley's stunner of a goal (how many times has that been said before??) although significant was his only noticeable contribution to the game. Tabiner was unusually quiet. Agyei was more effective when he tucked in or came off the wing (just wish he stayed on his feet a bit more). Thomas continues to be a good centre half (perhaps he should give up the day job!).
    As for the goals!!! The last few games, I've been screaming at them to stop passing back to the goalkeeper (usually from the half way line) yet, irony of ironies, when the situation demands a calm pass back to the keeper, they choose not to- with tragicomic results.

Interesting to watch Bell in the post-match interview. He could barely contain his anger. I thought he was going to burst into tears. - Another big turnover of players at the end of the season.
    I didn't see the game, but I did see Lee Bell's after match interview. I guess if that interview took place this morning he would be much calmer but it was good to see him displaying his emotion. Anyone who thinks he doesn't care is very wide of the mark. I have no idea if this will come to pass but he could turn out to be a very good manager for us and we (including the naysayers) should give him the time to grow into the role as Artell did. Artell was a very good manager for us with one poor season which wasn't entirely his fault.
    Who knows what the outcome would have been last night had he been able to pick the team he wanted but this is the nature of modern day football. Injuries happen and someone's misfortune is someone else's opportunity. The games left this season are the chance for someone to show they are worth a contract extension or a move to another club. Either way, we need to get behind Lee Bell and hope the players do likewise

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    I didn't see the game, but I did see Lee Bell's after match interview. I guess if that interview took place this morning he would be much calmer but it was good to see him displaying his emotion. Anyone who thinks he doesn't care is very wide of the mark. I have no idea if this will come to pass but he could turn out to be a very good manager for us and we (including the naysayers) should give him the time to grow into the role as Artell did. Artell was a very good manager for us with one poor season which wasn't entirely his fault.
    Who knows what the outcome would have been last night had he been able to pick the team he wanted but this is the nature of modern day football. Injuries happen and someone's misfortune is someone else's opportunity. The games left this season are the chance for someone to show they are worth a contract extension or a move to another club. Either way, we need to get behind Lee Bell and hope the players do likewise
    Absolutely 100% agree with the above.

Love the passion shown by Lee Bell.
    Interesting that we played better with a team full of Academy players.

Quote Originally Posted by frogpole View Post
    Absolutely 100% agree with the above.

Love the passion shown by Lee Bell.
    Interesting that we played better with a team full of Academy players.
    Totally agree. However, there is the chance that 'somebody' will point out where the defensive errors came from!

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Totally agree. However, there is the chance that 'somebody' will point out where the defensive errors came from!
    Do you think ‘someone’ will suggest we need more defensive coaching?

Coaching???😱

Another postponed weekend.
    Anyone got alternative plans.
    Am going to Old Trafford to watch Man U women on the Saturday. Then Man City women on Sunday. Ordinarily, I'd go to see Alty or some other non-league local team. This time our friends, who we'd invited to the Bradford game came up with these as alternatives.
    Wot about youse?

Sorry. Above is result of brain going missing. I've put similar message on different posting.
    Last edited by gazan; 24-03-2023 at 07:10 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345