+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: O/T Mega Poptastic Pop Quiz (40)

CAM, I haven't got a clue on number 4. So I even looked it up and was still none the wiser.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    19. Gerry Dorsey...err I mean Englebert Humperdink - There goes my everything.

As a footnote, my Mum had been out to the Eeat Herringthorpre Social club on Laudsdale Road. Back in those days artistes freely gave away and openly signed their photographs which were always in black and white. mum brought hers home saying how fabulous this singer had been. I recall it like it was yesterda and yes he ahd signed it To Dot love Gerry Dorsey.

Fast forward a month and boom! The artist we knew as Gerry Dorsey was now Englebert and the rest as they say is history.
    Correct Brin. I think we saw Englebert in Great Yarmouth in the early 70s. Might even have one of those B&W photos somewhere

So it was 1967 and just one song stumped the MM crowd. I did have a slight grammatical error in the original clue and missed out the word "be" so I hope that didn't hinder your detective work.

1. Movin' down a crowded avenue Doin' anything we like to do Groovin' The Young Rascals
    2. The world cannot be wrong If in this world there's you This Is My Song Petula Clark
    3. Oh don't it hurt deep inside To see someone do something to her Silence Is Golden The Tremeloes
    4. I would grow much weaker Weather would be bleaker Peekaboo The New Vaudeville Band
    5. Seen at the nicest places Where well-fed faces all stop to stare Simon Smith and his Amazing Dancing Bear THe Alan Price Set
    6. She's just mad about me Mellow Yellow Donovan
    7. And the banker never wears a Mac in the pouring rain Very strange Penny Lane The Beatles
    8. Turning me up and turning me down Making me smile and making me frown Something's Gotten Hold Of My Heart Gene Pitney
    9. Charcoal burnin' everywhere Rows of houses that are all the same Pleasant Valley Sunday The Monkees
    10. Now she's gone I can't hold back the tears Anymore Let the Heartaches Begin Long John Baldry
    11. When the wind is high, when the wind is high Kites Simon Dupree and the Big Sound
    12. Or I shall die Or I shall die It Must Be Him Vicki Carr
    13. One day I'm feeling down on the ground Then I'm up in the air Puppet on a String Sandie Shaw
    14. I thought love was only true in fairy tales I'm A Believer The Monkees
    15. Then one day she'll take me home to meet her mom and her dad Then I Kissed Her The Beach Boys
    16. Lots of sunny (lots of) sunny people Walking hand in hand (walking hand in hand) Let's Go To San Francisco The Flower Pot Men
    17. Gimme a ticket for an aeroplane Ain't got time to take a fast train The Letter The Box Tops
    18. Could it be you just don't try or is it the clothes you wear? Georgy Girl The Seekers
    19. And a voice is softly saying Darling, this will be goodbye forever more There Goes My Everything Engelbert Humperdinck
    20. Living is easy with eyes closed Misunderstanding all you see Strawberry Fields Forever The Beatles
    21. I'll build my world around you, I need you so Baby Now That I've Found You The Foundations
    22. He said, "Son now don't be silly" "She's been dead since 1929" Pictures of Lily The Who
    23. For the Aintree Iron Thank You Very Much The Scaffold
    24. Summertime will be a love-in there San Francisco Scott McKenzie
    25. In the event of something happening to me There is something I would like you all to see New York Mining Disaster 1941 The Bee Gees
    26. Didn't I treat you right, now baby, didn't I? Didn't I do the best I could now, didn't I? Standing In The Shadows of Love Four Tops
    27. His arms and legs don't feel so strong His heart is weak, there's something wrong Excerpt From A T.eenage Opera Keith West
    28. In the nick of time, a hero arose A funny-looking dog with a big black nose Snoopy vs The Red Barron The Royal Guardsmen
    29. Whisper a little prayer for me my baby Dedicate to the One I Love The Mamas and Papas
    30. I see your sun is shining But I won't make a fuss Hi Ho Silver Lining Jeff Beck
    31. And when I see the sign that points one way The lot we used to pass by every day Walk Away Renee Four Tops
    32. Me and you, and you and me No matter how they toss the dice, it had to be Happy Together The Turtles
    33. Now I need you more than ever Let's Spend the Night Together The Rolling Stones
    34. People so busy, make me feel dizzy Taxi light shines so bright Waterloo Sunset The Kinks
    35. Nothing you can say, but you can learn how to play the game It's easy All You Need Is Love The Beatles
    36. Find out what it means to me Respect Aretha Franklin
    37. It's written on the wind, it's everywhere I go Love is All Around The Troggs
    38. With the laughing eyes She'd toss her hair and tantalise The Day I Met Marie Cliff Richard
    39. Love is waiting there in my beautiful balloon Up Up and Away The Johnny Mann Singers
    40. The night is long Forget your foolish pride, nothing's wrong Don't Sleep In The Subway Petula Clark
    41. And then she said, I got some news this mornin' from Choctaw Ridge Ode To Billie Joe Bobbie Gentry
    42. And every time I do I keep seeing this picture of you Here Comes My Baby The Tremeloes
    43. I was feeling kinda seasick The crowd called out for more A Whiter Shade of Pale Procol Harum
    44. I can walk down the street, there's no one there Though the pavements are one huge crowd I Feel Free Cream
    45. You can hear happiness staggering on down the street Footprints dressed in red The Wind Cries Mary Jimi Hendrix
    46. Where an elephant's eye Was looking at me From a bubblegum tree Hole In My Shoe Traffic
    47. Hela, heba-helloa Hela, heba-helloa (cha, cha, cha) Hello Goodbye The Beatles
    48. All over the world, you can hear the sounds of lovers in love There's A Kind Of Hush Herman's Hermits
    49. If I were a wealthy man I wouldn't have to work hard If I Were A Rich Man Topol
    50. There we made a date For hours I waited But I'm blowed, you never showed Finchley Central The New Vaudeville Band
    51. Spotlight on Wilson Pickett, now That wicked Wilson Pickett Sweet Soul Music Arthur Conley
    52. Bless my homeland forever Edelweiss Vince Hill
    53. I'll tell you what I'll do (what will you do?) I'd like to go there now with you Itchycoo Park The Small Faces
    54. My head's attracted to A magnetic wave of sound I Can Hear The Grass Grow The Move
    55. And the lights all went out Massachusetts The Bee Gees
    56. When we were at school, our games were simple I played a janitor, you played a monitor Carrie Anne The Hollies
    57. And afterwards we drop into a quiet little place And have a drink or two Somethin' Stupid Nancy & Frank Sinatra
    58. And a homecoming queen Daydream Believer The Monkees
    59. For I don't love you anymore Release Me Engelbert Humperdinck
    60. Roll up That's an invitation Roll up Magical Mystery Tour The Beatles

CAM, once again a top quiz, thank you Sir.

I once served Mickey Dolenz in Dixons the store that I managed on Fargate, Sheffield.
    They once tried to sell me a used computer as new !!!

CAM, once again a top quiz, thank you Sir.
    Second that CAM

Quote Originally Posted by LincsMiller View Post
    They once tried to sell me a used computer as new !!!
    Wun't have happened in my store

Looks like it was a really good quiz, CAM - the year you chose was possibly the most remembered by a lot of our MM audience. Sadly, I slept through most of it but did enjoy joining in for a bit in the middle.

Thanks as always

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567