+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Matchday Thread: Peterborough v Rams

The EFL won't be wanting to welcome us back, I suspect Rick Parry and his chums have been having nightmares over our unexpected push towards the top of the table.

Suspect his post coital cigarette this morning with Steve Gibson was somewhat more enjoyable than it has been for a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by SithHappens View Post
    The EFL won't be wanting to welcome us back, I suspect Rick Parry and his chums have been having nightmares over our unexpected push towards the top of the table.

Suspect his post coital cigarette this morning with Steve Gibson was somewhat more enjoyable than it has been for a whole.
    I'm sorry Sith but that vision you paint................I don't think I'll lose it!!!
    Where's the bog 🤕

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Yes our points margin gone and form has fled. Still if you'd said we'd have been in with a shot with 8 games to go at the start of the season I'd have taken it. Just need to grind out a few wins now and get a few favours from others: form suggests that's unlikely though
    No you didn't. You took it for granted that Derby were far too big for this league and would end up 50 points clear of the minnows.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNTERYY36 View Post
    No you didn't. You took it for granted that Derby were far too big for this league and would end up 50 points clear of the minnows.
    I am going to assume you are saying that with the biggest amount of tongue in cheek possible as the feeling among Derby fans was far from that.

I think if you bothered to look back thru the threads you'd see I expected 8th to 10th at start of year...

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    I think if you bothered to look back thru the threads you'd see I expected 8th to 10th at start of year...
    He’s right Gunt. About the time we came back to snatch victory against Port Vale I must admit to getting a tad over optimistic. By and large though most on here have been realistic. We expected this to be a season of consolidation with somewhere between mid table and the lower playoff places seeming most likely.
    Tbh, at the end of the day, there’s little to choose between finishing 7th or 8th and loosing in the playoffs. Expectation has been raised and with it our potential disappointment, but as Ramshank said earlier...that fat lass is still only warming up.

I don't think anybody on here thought that! We had a team of freebies assembled in 5 weeks pre season nobody had a clue as to how things would pan out. I was optimistic and thought we'd finish in the play offs, others thought a season of mid table mediocrity beckoned.

When we went on our run, expectations rose, but as was predicted by some, a small squad with key players being towards the end of their careers is now feeling the effects of a long season.

Do we have enough to keep in the play offs? Its not looking good but all teams hit a run of poor form, just look at The Owls who were flying at the top and now have lost two successive games!

All to play for, now Warne earns his wages!!

Most fans start the season full of hope, convinced their team will beat all before them. However, everyone I know and certainly most if not all on here were simply relieved that we were able to start the season with a mid to upper mid table finish more than satisfactory.
    Our new owner is talking 5 years to get to the championship, the fact that with our restrictions to be nudging the play offs is unbelievable but perhaps tells us a lot about this division!!
    I'll happily go with the owners parameters!

Midtable expectations with anything better being a more than welcome bonus was the Dutch view. Another opinion of mine is that Gunt was out on a fishing expedition and got a bite or two

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Midtable expectations with anything better being a more than welcome bonus was the Dutch view. Another opinion of mine is that Gunt was out on a fishing expedition and got a bite or two
    At least Gunt was 'fishing', unfortunately it's surprising how many fans out there seem somewhat aggrieved that we are doing quite well and not sinking into oblivion! Many are convinced that we are spending huge amounts on players and wages and cheating in some way! There's definitely a lot of antagonism out there, clearly its a compliment as they recognise there's something special in their midst!! 😎

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)