+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Matchday Thread: Peterborough v Rams

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    At least Gunt was 'fishing', unfortunately it's surprising how many fans out there seem somewhat aggrieved that we are doing quite well and not sinking into oblivion! Many are convinced that we are spending huge amounts on players and wages and cheating in some way! There's definitely a lot of antagonism out there, clearly its a compliment as they recognise there's something special in their midst!! ��
    Something we have always known.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Something we have always known.
    It's the way of the world, there's the Rams and then there's them others!

Quote Originally Posted by SithHappens View Post
    I am going to assume you are saying that with the biggest amount of tongue in cheek possible as the feeling among Derby fans was far from that.
    Okay 10 points.

Naa In fact I'd fancy you to beat us in the play offs

It's disappointing to see Hourihane play for Derby. He was one hell of a player and deadly with free kicks outside the box. If he was still at Oakwell maybe we'd now be in an automatic play off spot.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNTERYY36 View Post
    It's disappointing to see Hourihane play for Derby. He was one hell of a player and deadly with free kicks outside the box. If he was still at Oakwell maybe we'd now be in an automatic play off spot.
    Maybe that’s another fishing expedition. I’m not sure...but if that’s what you really think then I’m sure if you come in for him over the summer you’ll get him. For me...bags of potential but otherwise one of two major disappointments this season and maybe just not up to the physicality of L1.

No wind up, Ram. I recall his precision when spraying the ball to team mates. Ill never forget the awesome free kick against Leeds. Swerving rocket, bang 2-0. Also a few years ago early in season against Derby no less. Second minute, long shot, fumbled by gk, 1-0.
    It's often the case that players are outstanding at one club then move for big money but don't settle there. Maybe CH is one such player.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNTERYY36 View Post
    No wind up, Ram. I recall his precision when spraying the ball to team mates. Ill never forget the awesome free kick against Leeds. Swerving rocket, bang 2-0. Also a few years ago early in season against Derby no less. Second minute, long shot, fumbled by gk, 1-0.
    It's often the case that players are outstanding at one club then move for big money but don't settle there. Maybe CH is one such player.
    We paid a big, fat, round 0 for him Gunt. Had a good start to the season but has been off the pace a bit of late.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    We paid a big, fat, round 0 for him Gunt.
    That’s only part of the story though, MA. Probably unfair to talk about an individual’s specific wages in such circumstances but I understand he’s the best paid at PP and it’s a lot by our/L1 standards. I honestly thought we were getting a bit of a ‘midfield general’ in CH...a real game changer.
    Hasn’t proved to be the case imo. Clearly a talent (at times) but far too many anonymous performances, again just imo. As for ‘awesome free kicks’...very few and far between.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 27-03-2023 at 05:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    That’s only part of the story though, MA. Probably unfair to talk about an individual’s specific wages in such circumstances but I understand he’s the best paid at PP and it’s a lot by our/L1 standards. I honestly thought we were getting a bit of a ‘midfield general’ in CH...a real game changer.
    Hasn’t proved to be the case imo. Clearly a talent (at times) but far too many anonymous performances, again just imo. As for ‘awesome free kicks’...very few and far between.
    I think his dead ball performance has been shocking

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I think his dead ball performance has been shocking
    Strangely enough, his kicks were better at Posh than they have been. The dead ball taker who has impressed me this season has been Sibs. Spot on with most that he's taken.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)