+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Matchday Thread: Peterborough v Rams

Matchday Thread: Peterborough v Rams

Was saturday a blip? Or are we on the slippery slope?

A real 6 pointer this, I'm hopeful but not confident - I just hope Warne goes back to a sensible team selection

Anyone?

Hoping for a response, even if it's just pure grit. 0-0

Quote Originally Posted by Ramshank72 View Post
    Hoping for a response, even if it's just pure grit. 0-0
    Given our inconsistency, a 2-1 win!

A bit like the Villa game at Wembley, it's down to things we don't know. That day Lamps got hammered for starting Jack and Waggy on the bench. He still gets hammered for it. Neither was deemed fit enough to start. The medical staff get the nod over the Manager on that score. Similarly, Warne has been lambasted for not starting Knight and Didzy, both of whom were coming back from a knock. Knight put himself about when he came on. Didzy tried but his ball control was having an off day and he seemed off the pace. Looks like PW was right to start Didzy, and possibly both, on the bench.

At best, we'll have the same squad available. 45 minutes in the U21s last night won't see Chester ready to start. He'll have a rest day today so he'd get a max of 2 days with the squad training at full tilt. Friday will be designed around match preparation for Saturday so won't be a full on session. Who's carrying a knock? Who's going to pick one up in training? Who knows?

Going on a fit squad, I'd go...

Widsmith

The back 4 from most of the games in that successful run, Smith, Foz, Cash, Sibs for no other reason than it worked

Bird, White because I think Hourihane could do with a rest

NML, Knight, Barks - shame for Dobbin but I think the 2 wiser heads should do the opening 60 and then bring on Dobbs and Springett to have a right go in the last 30.

Didzy up top if he's up to a full 90, if not we could go Dobbin as a false 9. Play the ball at speed on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    A bit like the Villa game at Wembley, it's down to things we don't know. That day Lamps got hammered for starting Jack and Waggy on the bench. He still gets hammered for it. Neither was deemed fit enough to start. The medical staff get the nod over the Manager on that score. Similarly, Warne has been lambasted for not starting Knight and Didzy, both of whom were coming back from a knock. Knight put himself about when he came on. Didzy tried but his ball control was having an off day and he seemed off the pace. Looks like PW was right to start Didzy, and possibly both, on the bench.

At best, we'll have the same squad available. 45 minutes in the U21s last night won't see Chester ready to start. He'll have a rest day today so he'd get a max of 2 days with the squad training at full tilt. Friday will be designed around match preparation for Saturday so won't be a full on session. Who's carrying a knock? Who's going to pick one up in training? Who knows?

Going on a fit squad, I'd go...

Widsmith

The back 4 from most of the games in that successful run, Smith, Foz, Cash, Sibs for no other reason than it worked

Bird, White because I think Hourihane could do with a rest

NML, Knight, Barks - shame for Dobbin but I think the 2 wiser heads should do the opening 60 and then bring on Dobbs and Springett to have a right go in the last 30.

Didzy up top if he's up to a full 90, if not we could go Dobbin as a false 9. Play the ball at speed on the floor.
    I like your thinking, though maybe not Dobbin as false 9 - he can't hit a bar door! Collins had a howler Saturday, but this just shows that the manager doesn't have many options. Didzy may need to be wrapped in cotton wool to get through the end of the season for any potential playoffs.

Its not a must win, but losing will really affect our chances of the play offs.

Hopefully Didzy has had a good week training, PW said he only trained a bit on Friday which was why he wasnt picked and to be fair he looked out of sorts when he came on.

They all need to step it up from last week, a win would be huge but a draw would be good too as it maintains the gap.

Which is what i think it will be 1-1

2-2.

A tricky game, but one we really must not lose! I'm going for a 2-1 win being optimistic.

Optimism misplaced, good first half then ran out of steam. Playoff place looking shaky now.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Optimism misplaced, good first half then ran out of steam. Playoff place looking shaky now.
    Yes our points margin gone and form has fled. Still if you'd said we'd have been in with a shot with 8 games to go at the start of the season I'd have taken it. Just need to grind out a few wins now and get a few favours from others: form suggests that's unlikely though

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)