+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mitrovic charged with violent and improper conduct

Mitrovic charged with violent and improper conduct

Throw the book at him! Nutter. Be well surprised if he doesn't cop for a minimum 10 match ban and a BIG fine.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65018262

Paul Field also gets onbaord with some very valid points.

Aleksandar Mitrovic's behaviour towards referee Chris Kavanagh in Fulham's FA Cup defeat at Manchester United was "absolutely disgraceful", according to the president of the Referees' Association Paul Field.
    The Serbia striker grabbed hold of Kavanagh's arm to protest against his decision to send off Willian for a handball on the goal-line.
    Mitrovic was subsequently given his marching orders, as was boss Marco Silva. Field told BBC Radio 5 Live Drive that the Football Association should hand him an appropriate punishment.
    "I hope it's more than 10 games," said Field. "That only really goes through to the end of the season.
    "Think about what Eric Cantona did nearly 30 years ago and he got nine months. I think they should put a really decent time on this."
    Field cited the impact of professional footballers' disrespect for referees on football at grassroots level, after a damning report in February suggested hundreds of officials feared for their safety.
    "Referees put up with this week in, week out, " he said. "At an amateur level, a player is looking at about a year's ban - why doesn't that carry through to the professional game?
    "I also think it is akin to community service. Why not [Mitrovic] go down to [referee] one of our games in London, with pitches in poor condition, it's pouring with rain, there are no changing facilities and every player is looking to pull one over you.
    "And then you get abused by the parents."

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post

Aleksandar Mitrovic's behaviour towards referee Chris Kavanagh in Fulham's FA Cup defeat at Manchester United was "absolutely disgraceful", according to the president of the Referees' Association Paul Field.
    The Serbia striker grabbed hold of Kavanagh's arm to protest against his decision to send off Willian for a handball on the goal-line.
    Mitrovic was subsequently given his marching orders, as was boss Marco Silva. Field told BBC Radio 5 Live Drive that the Football Association should hand him an appropriate punishment.
    "I hope it's more than 10 games," said Field. "That only really goes through to the end of the season.
    "Think about what Eric Cantona did nearly 30 years ago and he got nine months. I think they should put a really decent time on this."
    Field cited the impact of professional footballers' disrespect for referees on football at grassroots level, after a damning report in February suggested hundreds of officials feared for their safety.
    "Referees put up with this week in, week out, " he said. "At an amateur level, a player is looking at about a year's ban - why doesn't that carry through to the professional game?
    "I also think it is akin to community service. Why not [Mitrovic] go down to [referee] one of our games in London, with pitches in poor condition, it's pouring with rain, there are no changing facilities and every player is looking to pull one over you.
    Not disagreeing with any of that but the authorities still turn a blind eye to blatant cheating, diving and feigning injury.

Technology apparently is good enough to detect an offside toenail yet the same technology isn’t used to clamp down on the divers.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Not disagreeing with any of that but the authorities still turn a blind eye to blatant cheating, diving and feigning injury.

Technology apparently is good enough to detect an offside toenail yet the same technology isn’t used to clamp down on the divers.
    Yes, footballers are just like highly paid Pavlov's Dogs. Case in point, the ball goes out for a throw in/corner after a 50/50 challenge. Linesman/woman gives their decision and the automated response of the player who the decision went against is to yell a two word phrase at the official. I'll give you a clue what that phrase is, the words begin with F and O

Stress that only the captain can approach the Ref, anyone else sticking their nose in should get a yellow( at least).

It would stop very quickly.................

................or take points off the club..........it would stop even quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Yes, footballers are just like highly paid Pavlov's Dogs. Case in point, the ball goes out for a throw in/corner after a 50/50 challenge. Linesman/woman gives their decision and the automated response of the player who the decision went against is to yell a two word phrase at the official. I'll give you a clue what that phrase is, the words begin with F and O
    CAM, I may have posted this previously come to think of it, I have. I always arrived early to Ref and had both teams meet me individually early on the pitch during their warm up. I explained play to the whistle and that I would not tolerate abusive language aimed at me directly or at another player. I class myself as a successful Ref having only ever sent off 2 players, straight reds, and approx 15 yellows in a 15 year career of Reffing. Talk to the players while running explaining your actions and get them to buy in to why did what you did, keep up a dialogue or prepare to be bombarded for your quietness.

On a serious note, IF and I only wish it was, I for one would not have backed away from Mitrovic when he pushed his chest in to the Ref. The whole world was watching and had he done anything worse his career was all but over in English football. The Ref 'should' have stood his ground and not backed off.

Remember the Ref that got hold of a player in the lower leagues this season? I don't mean the Ref should have man handled Mitrovic but the other way because Mitrovic had totally lost it. It needed that to happen IF the Ref had stood his ground to show just how volatile Refs are in the modern game that drifts to lower leagues and kids levels, it may have sent out a new signal. STOP this aggression towards officials and now.

Howard Webb grow some balls and stamp this out now! Oh boy I wished I had focused more in climbing the leagues in officiating. I would love to be out there now.
    Last edited by Brin; 20-03-2023 at 11:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post

I think we need to put this into perspective, he grabbed the arm of another human being at work and broke the organisations rules, he has not committed GBh or stole his car or threatened him with a weapon. He deserves a long ban, a fine appropriate for his salary and that is it. At the same time I would like the football authorities to punish Bruno Fernando for pushing the linesman in a recent game, he wasn't even booked for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    I think we need to put this into perspective, he grabbed the arm of another human being at work and broke the organisations rules, he has not committed GBh or stole his car or threatened him with a weapon. He deserves a long ban, a fine appropriate for his salary and that is it. At the same time I would like the football authorities to punish Bruno Fernando for pushing the linesman in a recent game, he wasn't even booked for that.
    I think the book needs to be thrown at him, not only did he push the ref, he clearly was in his face which imo looked threatening and what did he say?
    I would understand if ref was in wrong but he wasn’t and there was absolutely no need for Mitrovic to lose his head, the lads got problems by looks, he’s been like this for a while, give him a lengthily ban and get him to see someone in that time to calm him down

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    I agree about Fernandes - it was almost totally ignored by the pundits etc. at the time. The ref never even spoke to him, I don't think the liner reacted at all. Fernandes should have been sent off and at least a 3 match ban.

Disagree about your views on Mitrovic. It's all about context and bearing in mind all that's been said by Brin, Paul Field etc. Mitrovic should be looking at a lengthy ban. There should be zero tolerance for aggressive dissent of any sort.

How come Rugby can very successfully deal with dissent but football hopelessly fails to get to grips with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Redshank View Post
    I agree about Fernandes - it was almost totally ignored by the pundits etc. at the time. The ref never even spoke to him, I don't think the liner reacted at all. Fernandes should have been sent off and at least a 3 match ban.

Disagree about your views on Mitrovic. It's all about context and bearing in mind all that's been said by Brin, Paul Field etc. Mitrovic should be looking at a lengthy ban. There should be zero tolerance for aggressive dissent of any sort.

How come Rugby can very successfully deal with dissent but football hopelessly fails to get to grips with it?
    Simple pal, the Ref's are miked up and it's about time Football Ref's were if only for those monitoring the VAR can hear the daiaogue when an official is approached. Doesn't have to be on TV for all to here or does it? This would soon smarten any player up if he has any sense.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast