+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Under 18s

Under 18s

Not won a league match all season ? So don’t expect anybody coming through shortly ? Remember this happening about 25 years ago when they were also struggling and Breck and Co came to raid my lads at Wick Youth of three players to boost their team ! No idea why we have not got any future stars I know this sometimes happens with age groups but something needs to improve !

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERSTALE View Post
    Not won a league match all season ? So don’t expect anybody coming through shortly ? Remember this happening about 25 years ago when they were also struggling and Breck and Co came to raid my lads at Wick Youth of three players to boost their team ! No idea why we have not got any future stars I know this sometimes happens with age groups but something needs to improve !
    MILLERSTALE, about 25 years ago I co ran the Three Horseshoes football club with my late mate Steve Morris. We played your lot year in year out and never lost to you. You've must have had some pretty average to poor players, whatever did Breck see in them?

Now if he'd have come to us, we could have offered far better players and who knows what that might have lead to?

That's scary, some 18/19 year olds are already 1st team players for some clubs..............

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    That's scary, some 18/19 year olds are already 1st team players for some clubs..............
    My Son was approached by Sheff Utd. They adored him but for whatever reason he packed it in?????? believe it or not hoping Rotherham picked him up but nothing came of it. He was at the time the South Yorkshire Junior Javelin champion throwing 49 metres at Don Valley Stadium at 14 years of age. He was only 1 metre short of throwing for England Juniors at the AAA's.

My lad was in the same team as Jagielka but I'll never understand why he walked away from Sheff Utd, I'm his Father but he was a phenomenal midfield Captain. Ah well we all make our choices in life, he's very successful in his current career but, he could have retired by now and probably very wealthy but you sometimes can't tell your kids everything.
    Last edited by Brin; 21-03-2023 at 12:05 AM.

I think we’ve won one, we’ve been concentrating on youth alliance cup
    Don’t know when final is

Rotherham United

@OfficialRUFC
    ·
    28 Feb
    REPORT | Lincoln City 1 v 3
    @AcademyRUFC

Our U18s booked their place in the Youth Alliance Cup area final showpiece as they recorded a 3-1 win at Lincoln City on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    MILLERSTALE, about 25 years ago I co ran the Three Horseshoes football club with my late mate Steve Morris. We played your lot year in year out and never lost to you. You've must have had some pretty average to poor players, whatever did Breck see in them?

Now if he'd have come to us, we could have offered far better players and who knows what that might have lead to?
    Nice try Brin but we only played Horeshoes in a friendly once and it was a cricket score, to us, we won the Sheff and district under 16s A division at under 16s, the next year we won the under 18s league in all of South Yorkshire and all of the lads were under 17s !
    Steve Morris was that Jontis dad ?

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    I think we’ve won one, we’ve been concentrating on youth alliance cup
    Don’t know when final is

Rotherham United

@OfficialRUFC
    ·
    28 Feb
    REPORT | Lincoln City 1 v 3
    @AcademyRUFC

Our U18s booked their place in the Youth Alliance Cup area final showpiece as they recorded a 3-1 win at Lincoln City on Saturday.
    I was sat with will jenkinson. Under 18 captain and he said not won 1 all season but going good in the cup. Mansfield in the semi then mk Dons awaiting the winners in the final

Nice try Brin but we only played Horeshoes in a friendly once and it was a cricket score, to us, we won the Sheff and district under 16s A division at under 16s, the next year we won the under 18s league in all of South Yorkshire and all of the lads were under 17s !
    Steve Morris was that Jontis dad ?
    Millerstale, don't recall playing you in a friendly? I'm relating to the years we ran The Shoes from them being 11 to 15 years of age. The Shoes only ever had one team and not one for each year like Wick Youth did. The years we ran them, we never lost a league game to you.
    I recall a good thumping taking place on Sorby Way...6-2 if my memory serves me well.

In those years, we were always runners up to Ashliegh Spires a Sheffield club. Their centre forward was a brilliant player and was snapped up by Villa, not sure what happened to him after that. We managed promotion 3 times and got to the cup final in one year. Our finalists were York Town? who'd we beaten 4-0 and 6-0 during the season with ease. We got to the venue at Rawmarsh St Josephs and they brought on and played two 'ringers' who looked about 17 our lads at the time were 13. I immediately asked who they as they hadn't played/used them before. They towered over our lads but it fell on deaf ears both from the official and their cheating management duo. We ended up losing 5-1. Levels folk go to in order to cheat in order to win.

When our lads hit 15 years of age, I left to Ref and my lad signed up for Whitehill Rovers and I believe The Shoes folded at the end of that season.

To answer your question, yes, Steve was Jonty's Dad. A brilliant man in every way and word and very sadly missed
    Last edited by Brin; 21-03-2023 at 07:32 PM.

Told you they’re concentrating on getting to final
    Well done lads

Name:  BDF89EB6-3BEA-4A26-8F53-65D7512F1E5A.jpg
Views: 364
Size:  21.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Told you they’re concentrating on getting to final
    Well done lads

Name:  BDF89EB6-3BEA-4A26-8F53-65D7512F1E5A.jpg
Views: 364
Size:  21.7 KB
    Didn't they get through to (same) final couple of season's below ?
    was on TV with that bizzare goal by opposition's keeper ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast