+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 15 minute cities and neighbourhoods

15 minute cities and neighbourhoods

?

Good concept, it’s where most of your reqd amenities are within a 15 min walk
    I think Paris runs on this concept

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieSingh View Post
    Are you mad?- you got a doctor, a dentist , a chiropodist, a supermarket etc etc within 15 minutes? - but I doubt that. It is another attempt at total control

Wake up - they sold the Covid lies , the climate change lies - and you are buying it - do you research

Quote Originally Posted by bordering View Post
    Are you mad?- you got a doctor, a dentist , a chiropodist, a supermarket etc etc within 15 minutes? - but I doubt that. It is another attempt at total control

Wake up - they sold the Covid lies , the climate change lies - and you are buying it - do you research
    I dunno where this is coming from no idea where the thread started, I didn’t mean to say we currently have this

I was saying the concept is to have your essential amenities within 15 mins walk

Can you enlighten me on the issue here? Have one of the parties said something ?

It’s an interesting debate, personally I think most cities are like this anyway, more concerned by this mobile alert nonsense, can’t think of a time ever when this would have been useful to me, just another thing to worry about!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP67 is back! View Post
    It’s an interesting debate, personally I think most cities are like this anyway, more concerned by this mobile alert nonsense, can’t think of a time ever when this would have been useful to me, just another thing to worry about!
    I can’t find my a r s e with my own right hand at the moment so I’m not going to worry about this!

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieSingh View Post
    I see, i’ve been getting a lot of these type of videos on my youtube feed and by the sounds of it, it is getting huge revolt by locals in Thetford, Oxford, Glastonbury

here’s the video of thetford.

https://youtu.be/ZnJaymafZP0

I wondered if these were going on in the midlands.

My understanding based on what's appeared on Twitter is to create zones within towns and cities where all necessary amenities are within 15 minutes, this has morphed into a narrative that "they" want to control you and fine you for venturing outside of your zone. However it appears well intended, who wouldn't want everything they need close by allowing traffic to be routed and walking/cycling to increase in your neighbourhood. It isn't intended to stop you going further for whatever you want to do in your day, at least that's my take.

Quote Originally Posted by westcountryvillain View Post
    My understanding based on what's appeared on Twitter is to create zones within towns and cities where all necessary amenities are within 15 minutes, this has morphed into a narrative that "they" want to control you and fine you for venturing outside of your zone. However it appears well intended, who wouldn't want everything they need close by allowing traffic to be routed and walking/cycling to increase in your neighbourhood. It isn't intended to stop you going further for whatever you want to do in your day, at least that's my take.
    Thanks WCV
    Sounds mental regarding fines

But I agree the aim is noble but can’t be enforced

It doesn't need to be enforced BS, by building infrastructure the vast majority of people will use the amenities closest to home. That said, a bigger picture of social credit scoring as is the case in China could be incorporated into forcing a change in behaviour.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)