+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Mitrovic punishment

Mitrovic punishment

What do we think it should be?

It was nowhere near as bad as di Canio's push on the ref which got an 11 game ban but it was worse than Fernandes' push on the linesman which received zero punishment.

By rights, then, it should be somewhere in the middle, say 5 or 6 games. He lost his temper but was trying to get the ref to listen to him as opposed to it being a purely offensive action (as in 'on the offensive'). And, for me, the fact that Fernandes didn't receive any sanction at all means that the 10 game minimum ban that most pundits and ex-refs seem to be calling for would be unfairly harsh. For me, the key issue here is actually consistency in dealing with the two incidents. If the FA were genuinely serious about their respect for refs/officials campaign then they would not only have done something about Fernandes but also stuck to their guns on punishing teams who surround and harangue officials but we see it all the time and very little is ever done.

I know the FA have an issue with the way refs are treated at grassroots level but should Mitro be made the scapegoat for this when another high profile player's actions have been ignored? I don't think he should but I suspect he will.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    What do we think it should be?

It was nowhere near as bad as di Canio's push on the ref which got an 11 game ban but it was worse than Fernandes' push on the linesman which received zero punishment.

By rights, then, it should be somewhere in the middle, say 5 or 6 games. He lost his temper but was trying to get the ref to listen to him as opposed to it being a purely offensive action (as in 'on the offensive'). And, for me, the fact that Fernandes didn't receive any sanction at all means that the 10 game minimum ban that most pundits and ex-refs seem to be calling for would be unfairly harsh. For me, the key issue here is actually consistency in dealing with the two incidents. If the FA were genuinely serious about their respect for refs/officials campaign then they would not only have done something about Fernandes but also stuck to their guns on punishing teams who surround and harangue officials but we see it all the time and very little is ever done.

I know the FA have an issue with the way refs are treated at grassroots level but should Mitro be made the scapegoat for this when another high profile player's actions have been ignored? I don't think he should but I suspect he will.

Thoughts?
    As usual it depends on which logo is on your shirt.

The rules are different for each team.

Man U remain the team that gets away with everything & receives all the leniency from officials.

VAR plays to their advantage.

Things are supposed to change with the technology however we are seeing the converse. 'It's not the technology, it's the people using the technology.'

1,000,000 monkeys on type writers produce the complete works of Shakespeare.
    1,000,000 PGMOL VAR officials produce red cards for Man United's opponents.

Andersons ruled out goal is once again evidence that 'interpretation' is how the game is officiated not by the letter of the rules of the game.

Until this is resolved we will continue to see this corruption live every weekend.

PGMOL is a private company by the way. If things don't improve I firmly believe that the 'Fan Trust' of each team of the other 14 teams in the Prem should band together approach Nick De Marco's chambers to bring civil cases against relating to each blatant fraudulent VAR decision.

It may not be litigation that can win but it will cause a lot of fuss and put more pressure on these crooks to clean house of all the criminality!

Worth a go as far as I'm concerned.

As to the question.

I think 6 games would be fair but I fully expect the talked about 10.

If there had been some punishment for Fernandes I'd of said 10 would have been fair, since there wasn't though. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    As to the question.

I think 6 games would be fair but I fully expect the talked about 10.

If there had been some punishment for Fernandes I'd of said 10 would have been fair, since there wasn't though. . .
    it should be nothing. Until theres a time when every team is treated the same. Manure get away with everything since

Ferguson took over them all those years ago. That goofy, diving, cheating rat does whatever he likes and gets away with it

every time because of the badge on his shirt.

English football can not recover and be fair until the PGMOL take a stand and give every club the same standard of officiating

Just heard it's a three match ban for Mitrovic. ?

A 4 game ban is enough he didnt shove him over or punch him etc but he plays for Fulham not a darling big 6 team.

Quote Originally Posted by Cannylad View Post
    Just heard it's a three match ban for Mitrovic. ?
    Seems to be. . . .very surprised at that to be honest.

Don't think they've given him his punishment yet, mind?

The BBC, in the same article, quote Mitrovic as saying he'll accept his 3 game ban but also report that the FA have said that "its standard punishment for his sending off at Manchester United was "clearly insufficient"."

So who knows.

If he'd played for Chelski or Manure he would jave got off with a ticking off and a yellow.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    If he'd played for Chelski or Manure he would jave got off with a ticking off and a yellow.
    Probably have checked his hand was ok after the contact.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)