+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NHS - a word of praise.

NHS - a word of praise.

Told to report at 07.00, under the knife at 9.00 under full anaesthetic for one & half hours, woke up in recovery room, back to the ward, all tests complete, procedure done and back home safe and sound by 14.15.

Amazing kindness, totally professional anaesthetist and surgeon. Nursing staff on a different level.

I'm gobsmacked by the excellence of it all.

Rishi, just pay them what they want FFS!

Anyone else with recent experiences to share?

Someone asked me what the "procedure" was. I had this "Supra Umbilical Hernia" repaired by opening my stomach up, pushing my bowel back in, trapped it back in with a lump of gauze and stitched it back up.

To have left home at 6.45am and be back by 14.15pm is bonkers.

Millions of questions for me about the state of the NHS and so-called underfunding.

It simply would be impossible to have had better care if I had forked out £4k and gone privately.

Nice to see you are okay,don't be going for long walks,I went to Haydock races within 5 days of my hernia opp and paid the price for walking from the enclosure to the parade ring every race. 😀
    I had my cataracts sorted during Covid at Gisburn Park,can't praise the staff and surgeon enough,they were brilliant .My wife dropped me off at Gisburn Park at 8.30 am for second eye doing and I rang her to come and pick me up at 10.30 am as I was the first on his list. 😎

Made a massive difference to my life now,not having to wear glasses for anything only minute writing on instructions.Bought a pair of x2 lense glasses for a pound at B and M ,they are spot on for small print..lol

God knows what my cataract ops would have cost if I had to pay .It was the same surgeon doing the op as those that paid,what a great guy he was .

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    God knows what my cataract ops would have cost if I had to pay .It was the same surgeon doing the op as those that paid,what a great guy he was .
    Alfie I was gobsmacked at the quality of NHS service today, awesome hardly covers it.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    I had my left eye done 5 years back under our Provincial health care plan. During covid lockdowns my right eye deteriorated to the point it had to be done asap. When things opened up again the waiting list was 3 years, I couldn't wait that long so had it done at a private clinic 3weeks later. My out of pocket expense was $1700 Canadian, just over 1,000 BP at current exchange rate. Both procedures were done by the same surgeon.
    Last edited by exilecanada; 21-03-2023 at 07:25 PM.

My experience is not recent, my major surgery was in 2014 with follow up checks until 2019 at Manchester Royal Infirmary and The Christie. I had excellent care throughout.

Quote Originally Posted by exilecanada View Post
    I had my left eye done 5 years back under our Provincial health care plan. During covid lockdowns my right eye deteriorated to the point it had to be done asap. When things opened up again the waiting list was 3 years, I couldn't wait that long so had it done at a private clinic 3weeks later. My out of pocket expense was $1700 Canadian, just over 1,000 BP at current exchange rate. Both procedures were done by the same surgeon.
    Not a bad price to pay to get your eyesight back though exile?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Not a bad price to pay to get your eyesight back though exile?
    Nope, no complaints from me other than the Provincial Government have now started to subcontract cataract surgeries to private clinics in an effort to get wait times back to reasonable level!! Yes, timing is everything

Great to hear - BT....better in than out - and no nasty surprises.

.....thats a quick turnaround (better out than in).... was it keyhole surgery, small incision ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)