+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: West Looking for Alternative to China

West Looking for Alternative to China

With China kissing the a rse of Hitler 2 - some companies are already drawing up a plan B rather than reliance on importing from China.

Hard it will be but not impossible and know a couple of very large blue chip companies already drawing up different scenarios.

If China get into bed with Russia then of course we should be doing this and looking to pull away.

This has been mooted for the last 30 years and it doesn’t happen.

India and Pakistan were going to be the “new China” and it never happened, the quality of the stuff coming out of both countries is garbage, even now.

In my own specific field, the quality of a racket or ball or associated product made anywhere but China is utter rubbish.

The one thing about a totalitarian/dictatorship country is that the workforce tends to be easy to instil discipline into……more like the fear of god!

We can hopefully have this conversation in 10, 20 and maybe 30 years from now and nothing will have changed, we will still be buying most stuff from China and making didfley squat ourselves.

If anyone thinks we’ll boycott or move away from China for purchasing they’re deluded.

We will have no choice if Beijing send any weapons to Russia then they are finished, they are solely reliant on their export market to the west, we will adapt and thank god, we all do but should not be buying anything from places like this that basically undercut on what is effectively slave labour.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP67 is back! View Post
    We will have no choice if Beijing send any weapons to Russia then they are finished, they are solely reliant on their export market to the west, we will adapt and thank god, we all do but should not be buying anything from places like this that basically undercut on what is effectively slave labour.
    If only it was that easy Dave.

It takes many years to tool up and to train a workforce in any specific field.

I speak as someone who has been designing and importing for 25 years and who’s been in the Sports trade for 32 years, Sports has tried moving away from China for three decades.

Vietnam was a place the sports trade tried for product but it was just so erratic in terms of quality and supply.

It’s only “Third World” countries that have the vast population who’ll work for peanuts that can satisfy the West’s need for cheap yet well made goods.

India and Pakistan should be great options but they aren’t, quality is poor and corruption is high.

North Korea would be a great option if it wasn’t for their reclusive set up, a vast population who will work for a bowl of rice a day whilst being whipped…….just to suit our insatiable desire for consumer products.

We won’t move away from China, we are trapped, they know it and so do our leaders.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    If only it was that easy Dave.

It takes many years to tool up and to train a workforce in any specific field.

I speak as someone who has been designing and importing for 25 years and who’s been in the Sports trade for 32 years, Sports has tried moving away from China for three decades.

Vietnam was a place the sports trade tried for product but it was just so erratic in terms of quality and supply.

It’s only “Third World” countries that have the vast population who’ll work for peanuts that can satisfy the West’s need for cheap yet well made goods.

India and Pakistan should be great options but they aren’t, quality is poor and corruption is high.

North Korea would be a great option if it wasn’t for their reclusive set up, a vast population who will work for a bowl of rice a day whilst being whipped…….just to suit our insatiable desire for consumer products.

We won’t move away from China, we are trapped, they know it and so do our leaders.

So if China send lethal weapons to Russia - do you honestly think we will still do business with them? No way - there would be an uproar! I know two huge companies who are seriously looking at alternatives now! They might not have a choice!

Bit like saying if China supply Russia with weapons and invade Taiwan we will all grin and bear it!!! It won’t happen!

Most Chinese products Mick are utter s hite and still manufactured by slave Labour!

Horrible country - horrible people!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    So if China send lethal weapons to Russia - do you honestly think we will still do business with them? No way - there would be an uproar! I know two huge companies who are seriously looking at alternatives now! They might not have a choice!

Bit like saying if China supply Russia with weapons and invade Taiwan we will all grin and bear it!!! It won’t happen!

Most Chinese products Mick are utter s hite and still manufactured by slave Labour!

Horrible country - horrible people!
    And still we’ll buy from them.

Its needs must, there are no other viable options.

They know it and we know it.

I’m not saying it’s right, it isn’t, they are a horrible people.

In my own field, they are responsible for 99% of the worlds production of rackets as supplied by all brands.

I guess I’ll just have to go bust and put 10 people out of work if an embargo is put on buying from China then?

All Western governments know they are stuffed, if they block Chinese importation huge numbers of jobs will be lost and the empty shelves will have their population up in arms and rioting.

Come back in a year and tell me I was wrong as we’ve bought everything we need from another place?

I’ll put the date in my diary.

And still we’ll buy from them.

Its needs must, there are no other viable options.

They know it and we know it.

I’m not saying it’s right, it isn’t, they are a horrible people.

In my own field, they are responsible for 99% of the worlds production of rackets as supplied by all brands.

I guess I’ll just have to go bust and put 10 people out of work if an embargo is put on buying from China then?

All Western governments know they are stuffed, if they block Chinese importation huge numbers of jobs will be lost and the empty shelves will have their population up in arms and rioting.

Come back in a year and tell me I was wrong as we’ve bought everything we need from another place?

I’ll put the date in my diary.

Many companies and people have morals. If China supply lethal weapons to Russia which help murder more Ukrainians and let another Hitler go marching on - people would demand we stop dealing with China. I would rather our company go bust than see this happen but never in life have I thought about myself! Retired now anyway and sure the mrs would find something else due to her many talents!

It’s a matter of time too before China invade Taiwan so it’s gonna happen. Savvy companies whilst really hard are already looking at every eventuality!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Many companies and people have morals. If China supply lethal weapons to Russia which help murder more Ukrainians and let another Hitler go marching on - people would demand we stop dealing with China. I would rather our company go bust than see this happen but never in life have I thought about myself! Retired now anyway and sure the mrs would find something else due to her many talents!

It’s a matter of time too before China invade Taiwan so it’s gonna happen. Savvy companies whilst really hard are already looking at every eventuality!
    Well I guess I’m just a horrible person, I tend to think about my family and those that rely on me.

I’m going to leave this here, I’m not going to try pretending that I’m an incredibly virtuous person when I’m not.

You have the last word.

Well I guess I’m just a horrible person, I tend to think about my family and those that rely on me.

I’m going to leave this here, I’m not going to try pretending that I’m an incredibly virtuous person when I’m not.

You have the last word.
    No you are not, we all have fallen into the trap, led by weak governments over decades not taxing imports correctly. This will change and quickly if the send weapons tho, as a businessman make sure you have either stock or a contingency.

There's an old saying, never put all your eggs in one basket, we have become too reliant on China for commerce. Cheap isn't always the best and the reason it's cheap it's because it's slave labour, which is a blue print for our own businesses.
    Best case scenario, sanctions are applied, asetts

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)