+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Roy Hodgson

Roy Hodgson

Roy of the Rovers Return to Crystal Palace. It’s a bit like Colin coming out of retirement to go back to Huddersfield. I am thinking Why FFS! You have nothing to prove- give someone else a shot at management. Crystal Palace always struck me as a club who think they are a lot bigger than they really are. They appointed Vieira precisely because Roy had run his course and someone new at the helm was required. Patrick is sacked when I think Palace would have accrued enough points over their remaining games to stay up. There are I think three worse teams in the Premier League. Their owner Simon Jordan wrote a book titled “Be Careful What You Wish For”. It would serve them damn right if they get relegated now.

Palace have a relatively easy run in now, Viera would have kept them up especially with Saha back. They should have looked to invest in a striker, not a new manager.

What's with this "All Our Yesterdays" Sir Outwood?

Did Hodgson ever win anything ever?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    What's with this "All Our Yesterdays" Sir Outwood?

Did Hodgson ever win anything ever?
    Not really a blast from the past BT. I just found it surprising that Roy and Colin still feel the need to strut their stuff. I am now settling down to watch Barnsley v Sheffield Wednesday. Hopefully will be a cracker!

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    Not really a blast from the past BT. I just found it surprising that Roy and Colin still feel the need to strut their stuff. I am now settling down to watch Barnsley v Sheffield Wednesday. Hopefully will be a cracker!
    They're not doing it for nowt are they, even at their age extra readies are always welcome.

the son of a hog is a loyal servant of the "clan"......his "ego" will be loving it. I remember seeing him (the screen) on the bench at the 2014 world cup....he was more concerned with where the camera was pointing and flashing the watch he'd been sponsored to wear....than the game. A creepy individual. imo.

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    Roy of the Rovers Return to Crystal Palace. It’s a bit like Colin coming out of retirement to go back to Huddersfield. I am thinking Why FFS! You have nothing to prove- give someone else a shot at management. Crystal Palace always struck me as a club who think they are a lot bigger than they really are. They appointed Vieira precisely because Roy had run his course and someone new at the helm was required. Patrick is sacked when I think Palace would have accrued enough points over their remaining games to stay up. There are I think three worse teams in the Premier League. Their owner Simon Jordan wrote a book titled “Be Careful What You Wish For”. It would serve them damn right if they get relegated now.
    That should read former owner Simon Jordan.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    Palace have a relatively easy run in now, Viera would have kept them up especially with Saha back. They should have looked to invest in a striker, not a new manager.
    Why would Vera have kept them up ? No wins in 12, and ,up until last weekends game at Arsenal, they hadn’t scored in the previous 4 games. Not very encouraging for the average Palace fan is it ? A decision was made , which I believed was the right one, but only time will tell.As for a relatively easy run in, is there any easy games in the Premier League ? I think not. We’ll find that out next season.

Quote Originally Posted by malwayne View Post
    Why would Vera have kept them up ? No wins in 12, and ,up until last weekends game at Arsenal, they hadn’t scored in the previous 4 games. Not very encouraging for the average Palace fan is it ? A decision was made , which I believed was the right one, but only time will tell.As for a relatively easy run in, is there any easy games in the Premier League ? I think not. We’ll find that out next season.
    They've had some hard games recently and Zaha has missed about 5 games and where they got beat it was usually by one goal, they haven;t been playing that badly.

VK was sticking up for Viera on TV, I'd forgotten they had both played for City. There's that loyalty word again.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)