+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: PGMOL - A private company & a corrupt monopoly

PGMOL - A private company & a corrupt monopoly

Anderson's goal being disallowed by a VAR official & an on-field referee conspire to rule out a goal despite the rules being very clear.

SkySports and every outlet covered it - it was clear that the Officially intentionally made the wrong decision, contradicting the laws of the game.

There is two positions the officials can be in when considering this decision and all incorrect VAR / Referring decisions since the technology was brought in:

1 - Both officials are complicate in some larger fraud/conspiracy to control teams league positions and deep potential ties to gambling syndicates

2 - Both officials in each case are completely incompetent and have no place officiating matches at any level of the sport. Especially the top leagues when so much money is involved.

Either way it got me to thinking...

https://find-and-update.company-info...mpany/04195554

PGMOL is a private registered company, above is the Companies house registration page.

As they are a private registered company they are open to the same legislation as any other company in the UK.

Being 1 of the 'other 14' for so long we know how decisions go in favour of the 'fraud 6', from cards, additional time added (Liverpool at Anfield earlier this season / Fergi time forever) Mitro's red, Fernandes & DeGea not getting a card, Martinez kicking the guy in the face a few weeks before the cup final but not getting even a card on the pitch or VAR review, so on and so on.

PGMOL being a company which is liable for mistakes made in the duty of their work. Their work being to officiate matches to the letter of the laws of the game.

It's clear they don't do this and many have said that their decisions are intentional.

My thoughts are this...

Every single club has a 'Supporters Trust' or something similar - we should all engage Nick De Marco and other lawyers to sue the PGMOL for their breaches for the laws of the game.

How can a private company which is also a monopoly be in control of the nation's most important sport? Chapter II of the Competition Act prohibits the abuse of a dominant position by one or more undertakings having a dominant position in a particular market , insofar as it may affect trade within the UK (or any part of it).

A sport on which Billions of GBP in gambling bets are placed every week? It's shocking how easy it would be to manipulate the league via the PGMOL. We all know it happened in Italy, so why is it so far fetched that it's happening in the UK?

Potentially the PGMOL could be liable for 10s of millions of GBP in loss of earnings.

However I'd like to see legal action brought against them win or lose just to cause some serious changes to be affected within the officiating body.

We should have complete transparency on all decisions. This corruption has gone on for decades and it has to stop.
    Last edited by Ragatino; 22-03-2023 at 12:28 AM.

This is a great post, most of us will have heard of the PGMOL but I just assumed it was under the umbrella of the FA. It’s not particularly transparent in football terms how it sits but crazy that more info can be obtained via Companies House. Given the blatant incompetence shown by its members, I agree that they should be open to legal action as a limited company providing professional services that are falling short of the expected standards.

Alreet Bix.

I'm no lawyer at all but I do know that a private company is liable to litigation if they do a bad job.

We have a letter from the to the club admitting they made the wrong decision in one of our matches earlier this season. I can't remember what for. It was the same weekend they screwed West Ham over as well.

Regardless they have admitted culpability and as such are open to litigation for wrong doing.

I'm sure Nicky DM would find it an interesting proposition if all 20 Supporters trusts brought their cases to him at once.

Take Andersons goal as an example above. By the letter of laws of the game that goal should have stood.

So they breached their own laws,

- either because they both didn't know the rules, negligence,
    - they misinterpreted the rules, negligence
    or
    - they intentional disallowed the goal knowing the rules, corruption, bringing the game into disrepute and a multitude of other charges.

In any other multi-billion dollar industry the lawyers would have been all over this kind of thing from the jump!

Only in the murky world of football governance has this corruption been an accepted part of the game for generations.

Scandalous really when you take a step back and look at the bigger picture

Aye, i think it was the Palace goal that was disallowed they said should have stood.

Personally, I think they're a mixture of ignorant, arrogant, dishonest and corrupt but I'm not sure where the balance lies.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Aye, i think it was the Palace goal that was disallowed they said should have stood.

Personally, I think they're a mixture of ignorant, arrogant, dishonest and corrupt but I'm not sure where the balance lies.
    Ah check out Zippity! The oracle!

It was indeed the Palace robbery.

On that precise glaring mistake the PGMOL admitted openly they were wrong and that cost NUFC 2 points.

Those 2 points would put us equal with Tottenham with 2 games in hand and we would be 4th right now.

At the end of the season we could miss out on CL football by 2 points.

Champions League group stage will all receive a starting fee of €15.64m (£13.48m)
    Group stage performance bonuses will also be paid for each match - €2.8m (£2.4m) for a win and €930,000 (£802,000) for a draw.

Say we draw all 6 games as median example. £13.48m + (6x £802,000) = 13,480,000 + 4,812,000 = £18,292,000

Due to the failure of the PGMOL to do their job NUFC will lose out on a minimum of £18,292,000.

That is not including any sponsorship money or even the ability to attract a top tier sponsor due to being in the UCL & also damage the clubs ability to attract the top tier of players. These two variables are intangible as there is real way of knowing what we could have lost or missed out on as the conversations will not have taken place due to us being cheated out of qualification due to the professional negligence of the PGMOL.

I will be fuming if it comes down to such a small margin and we do miss out by 2 points or less!

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/65224836
    Sorry for the bumpity bump but thought it was relevant the way VAR carried on yesterday. Penalty against Isak..... my @rse.

Quote Originally Posted by Milburn9 View Post
    Sorry for the bumpity bump but thought it was relevant the way VAR carried on yesterday. Penalty against Isak..... my @rse.
    Agreed no way that was 2nd pen should jave been given. How come Schar got kicked in the head against Man U in the penalty box and it wasn't a penalty despite it endangering the player. It was uncontrolled and wreckers of the Man U midget. However nothing given.

That one VAR should jave called back but nothing given, stinks of corruption.

Quote Originally Posted by Milburn9 View Post
    Brighton got robbed against spurs. If they had won that match and we thrash spurs as we will Brighton could have beaten Man U who are without Rashford now with injury to 4th spot.

It's utter unacceptable!

Time to lawyer up!

As i said on another thread, this weekends game felt more like VARs purpose was to keep Spuds in the race for top 4.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)