+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Where do you think you stand

Where do you think you stand

On knowledge of football tactics, formations, subs n that?

Never been on a course, never "coached" a boys team, never pay too much attention to the pundits ( especially if they can give birth).......my "knowledge" 😆 comes from decades of watching Dundee and my ane perceptions.

I think I can spot if a players giving 100%, whether a player can control the ball, a players awareness much more than whether 352, 442, 118 is working before we even go near false number 9s and pivots.

I reckon on a scale of 1 to 10 em a 4 maybe 4.5 but there does seem to be an increasing amount of fans who think they should have the big jacket, cannae mind it being like that 10 years ago.

It's championship football.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post

Never been on a course, never "coached" a boys team, never pay too much attention to the pundits ( especially if they can give birth).......my "knowledge" 😆 comes from decades of watching Dundee and my ane perceptions.

I think I can spot if a players giving 100%, whether a player can control the ball, a players awareness much more than whether 352, 442, 118 is working before we even go near false number 9s and pivots.

I reckon on a scale of 1 to 10 em a 4 maybe 4.5 but there does seem to be an increasing amount of fans who think they should have the big jacket, cannae mind it being like that 10 years ago.

And I'm basing that on giving any senior or ex senior player a 10, em no talking Clough or stein 10.

A wee example guy behind screaming on Dee goalie to " ****ing hurry up ye ****".....when he was clearly waiting on sweeney trooping back into position from an upfield saunter.

Clear as day why he was delaying kick but tirade had to be launched from blinkered one

Shouting at opposition players and officials is OK imo. Shouting abuse or booing your own players is unacceptableat any time imo.Constructive comments where instructions are shouted at players is a grey area. Where the instructions/ guidance is shouted before something happens it is OK but just moaning after an incident isn't helpful, again imo.
    I don't understand playing players out of position. I think we used to get a bit more communication about injuries and as a result we were more tolerant of any player who was asked to fill in. Don't think we have that level of information. Maybe it's considered a waste of effort because whatever the official line is there is a social media storm.

Given my record for predicting Dee results I will accept a 1 or a 2 rating!

A wee example guy behind screaming on Dee goalie to " ****ing hurry up ye ****".....when he was clearly waiting on sweeney trooping back into position from an upfield saunter.

Clear as day why he was delaying kick but tirade had to be launched from blinkered one
    the one common gripe in the past few seasons has been the cheating/gamesmanship.
    Hamilton used to be the worst, but almost all the teams are at it.

starts from the first minute with goalkeepers changing their mind, which side they take the goal kick.
    players taking throw-ins , change their mind, then hand it to their teammate, who then goes another 5 yds up the park.
    players given a free kick, then when the ref turns his back, takes another few yards, linesman says nothing.
    there is much more, but this frustrates the fans, and the mood changes.

only time this changes is when the Dee score, as happened last night.
    thought it was ironical last night, last, the referee kept telling Marshall to hurry up with the throw ins in the last ten minutes !
    we have always been too sporting, maybe we have wised up at last.

Quote Originally Posted by deecom View Post
    the one common gripe in the past few seasons has been the cheating/gamesmanship.
    Hamilton used to be the worst, but almost all the teams are at it.

starts from the first minute with goalkeepers changing their mind, which side they take the goal kick.
    players taking throw-ins , change their mind, then hand it to their teammate, who then goes another 5 yds up the park.
    players given a free kick, then when the ref turns his back, takes another few yards, linesman says nothing.
    there is much more, but this frustrates the fans, and the mood changes.

only time this changes is when the Dee score, as happened last night.
    thought it was ironical last night, last, the referee kept telling Marshall to hurry up with the throw ins in the last ten minutes !
    we have always been too sporting, maybe we have wised up at last.
    Jak went Doon with dubious head knock when they were in a good position 1st half, also heard Ashcroft telling keeper to slow it Doon, sure he said "let's get to ht".......clock was at 42 minutes.

But we arenae that streetwise in general.

Still convinced Ashcroft is carrying an injury.

Never been on a course, never "coached" a boys team, never pay too much attention to the pundits ( especially if they can give birth).......my "knowledge"  comes from decades of watching Dundee and my ane perceptions.

Loads of experts support DFC.

I’m surprised we need a manager.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)