+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: More Signings Hinted / Recall of CLE / Deadline Day

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    So a shade over £400 a week for our new signings and Mr Mullin on £1125 a week.

Yep, even when I last worked 12 years ago I earned more than £400 per week, but not quite as much as Mr Mullin.

My last weekly wage was in 1985.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Yep, I misread the google search! I'll willingly admit my weeks and months were wrong, probably in both cases.
    At least you didn't double down on the basic error, oh wait hold on...

"... silly £6000 per month!!!" . Certainly provided a good chuckle

So I estimated £1500 a week and you estimated a tad more at £1657.33 a week. Tbh I hope he's on a little less, I suggested the top of my range to emphasise that be it £5000-6000 pm it is nothing when signing a long term deal.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    At least you didn't double down on the basic error, oh wait hold on...

"... silly £6000 per month!!!" . Certainly provided a good chuckle

So I estimated £1500 a week and you estimated a tad more at £1657.33 a week. Tbh I hope he's on a little less, I suggested the top of my range to emphasise that be it £5000-6000 pm it is nothing when signing a long term deal.
    Yes, I made a clear and obvious mistake. I confused pay per week with pay per month. No excuses, no wriggling, no evading, the mistake was mine and mine alone. I admit it.

I'm sure it's not my first and won't be my last.

He’s not a long term replacement for Langstaff.

I remember at the end of January that LW was asked what advice he would offer his players if someone came in with a late offer.
    His reply was along the lines of the clubs must be desperate to be leaving it that late.
    We should draw our own conclusions here.
    Last edited by 1955pie; 22-03-2023 at 10:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Way less than your silly £6,000 per month!!! I don't know details of player wages, but my laughter at your estimate was based on reports that Wrexham pay Mullin £4,500 per month.

If you are going to do your usual incredibly boring insistence on an actual figure, my guess would be be £1,657.33 per month with the added bonus of free use of the padel courts and a weekly massage from Mrs Magpie.
    £1,700 a week/£6k a month/ £72k a year doesn't sound excessive for a 'known' striker in the National League to me. I'd have thought he'd perhaps be getting a little more than that but it'll probably be in contractual bonuses of course.

EDIT: Sorry, only just seen your later post about mixing months and weeks.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 22-03-2023 at 11:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    I'd have thought he'd perhaps be getting a little more than that but it'll probably be in contractual bonuses of course.
    So I could still be right about the padel courts and massage from Mrs Magpie?

Any rumours of any other names coming in today?

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulPie View Post
    Any rumours of any other names coming in today?
    Defender and a striker possible. Morias not likely to be ready for this season, according to our man in Cebu.

Got to go to the managers fitness camp for 6 weeks first eg next season

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast