+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrexham Sign Another Striker

Quote Originally Posted by Lullapie View Post
    It's kicking off a bit on Red Passion as Wrexham's first choice goalie could be out for the rest of the season.
    There's a little concern about Mullins too.
    I thought they had strength in depth?
    They're talking about signing Ben Foster now

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    I’m presuming he’s fit to play…

https://www.wrexhamafc.co.uk/news/20...s-from-barrow/
    Just needs a few diving lessons before he plays

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    Looks like they have!

https://www.wrexhamafc.co.uk/news/20...end-of-season/

Wow! That's quite the short term signing .

Naturally the first question that pops into my head is I wonder how much he is being paid per week (or per month)?

Now that is a figure that's harder to guess.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    Although I laugh it seems it's true

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Wow! That's quite the short term signing .

Naturally the first question that pops into my head is I wonder how much he is being paid per week (or per month)?

Now that is a figure that's harder to guess.
    Could be eye-watering, or perhaps he's just going there because he wants to. He's probably been earning around £50k a week for a decade or more. Whether Wrexham can offer him £5k per week or £6k is neither here nor there. A bit like when Alan Smith was at Notts and was on very little, because he was already set for life.

Let's hope they are grasping at straws with a keeper who is well past his sell by date !...

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Let's hope they are grasping at straws with a keeper who is well past his sell by date !...
    He played 26 Premier League games last season. He's probably still the best keeper in this league, even at 39.

It's all guesswork but I very much doubt Foster was on anywhere near £50K a week even when he was at Man United as a backup GK back then that rarely played. I'm pretty certain he wouldn't be getting that at Watford or West Brom. Maybe you mean £50K per month?? that's far more realistic.

But regardless I get your point, and I thought the same he is probably happy to be involved. Great for his already impressive online presence being involved with Wrexham, a very likely promotion, and a netflix series. My guess £5/6K per week.

What was smudger on at Notts? £500 pw? I recall him saying that either he didn't know or didn't care.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Could be eye-watering, or perhaps he's just going there because he wants to. He's probably been earning around £50k a week for a decade or more. Whether Wrexham can offer him £5k per week or £6k is neither here nor there. A bit like when Alan Smith was at Notts and was on very little, because he was already set for life.
    He will be on a fortune for 2 months, easy 10k a week, maybe even more and a promotion bonus in there too. This guy was playing in the Prem last season, Wrexham are desperate so will have to have paid accordingly to that. I bet the total deal will be around 100-200k, great business if it works.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast