+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrexham Sign Another Striker

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    He will be on a fortune for 2 months, easy 10k a week, maybe even more and a promotion bonus in there too. This guy was playing in the Prem last season, Wrexham are desperate so will have to have paid accordingly to that. I bet the total deal will be around 100-200k, great business if it works.
    Absolutely. He turned down an approach from Newcastle as their back-up at the end of January. He will have a ridiculous promotion clause to have tempted him out of retirement and I'd be surprised if his basic salary isn't that or higher.

Any chance we had at having a sniff at the title has just evaporated.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    It's all guesswork but I very much doubt Foster was on anywhere near £50K a week even when he was at Man United as a backup GK back then that rarely played. I'm pretty certain he wouldn't be getting that at Watford or West Brom. Maybe you mean £50K per month?? that's far more realistic.

But regardless I get your point, and I thought the same he is probably happy to be involved. Great for his already impressive online presence being involved with Wrexham, a very likely promotion, and a netflix series. My guess £5/6K per week.

What was smudger on at Notts? £500 pw? I recall him saying that either he didn't know or didn't care.
    I suppose we had Roy Carroll but was in Division 1 then - he's an excellent signing for them obviously they can smell glory so are going for it ,will stand to make a lot more if they go up than Ben Foster will cost them.
    Smudger was top each even reportedly to have paid the players wages for a couple of months

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacka View Post
    He played 26 Premier League games last season. He's probably still the best keeper in this league, even at 39.
    Ability wise he will be but if he isnt doing regular training this season then you lose sharpness.

They could probably put me in goal and they still win most games !

It's all guesswork but I very much doubt Foster was on anywhere near £50K a week even when he was at Man United as a backup GK back then that rarely played. I'm pretty certain he wouldn't be getting that at Watford or West Brom. Maybe you mean £50K per month?? that's far more realistic.

But regardless I get your point, and I thought the same he is probably happy to be involved. Great for his already impressive online presence being involved with Wrexham, a very likely promotion, and a netflix series. My guess £5/6K per week.

What was smudger on at Notts? £500 pw? I recall him saying that either he didn't know or didn't care.
    He was an established Premier League keeper and England international. If this link is accurate, he's been earning between £30k and £60k a week these last few years and has a net worth of around £20 million. No way Wrexham would be willing to pay him what he's used to being paid, so I can only assume he's doing it because he thinks it'll be fun. He clearly doesn't need the money.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    He was an established Premier League keeper and England international. If this link is accurate, he's been earning between £30k and £60k a week these last few years and has a net worth of around £20 million. No way Wrexham would be willing to pay him what he's used to being paid, so I can only assume he's doing it because he thinks it'll be fun. He clearly doesn't need the money.
    If that information is accurate, I take back my comments on that matter.

Wow! If he was earning over £50K per week for that many years, that is crazy. Fair play to him because he said himself he was on £3,000 per week at Man United for his first season and £4,800 per week in his second. I know salaries have jumped hugely at the money sloshing PL level but I never thought he would be earning that sort of level at Watford and West Brom.

Now he's in the podcast game, getting on a popular successful Netflix show is huge.

Quote Originally Posted by tommopie8 View Post
    Absolutely. Any chance we had at having a sniff at the title has just evaporated.
    Not to sure we had much of a "sniff" anyway, given that they are, (potentially) 6pts in front. All we can do is win as many games as poss and see what happens. Will that mean that the pressure is certainly off us for the moment? Who knows.

If that information is accurate, I take back my comments on that matter.

Wow! If he was earning over £50K per week for that many years, that is crazy. Fair play to him because he said himself he was on £3,000 per week at Man United for his first season and £4,800 per week in his second. I know salaries have jumped hugely at the money sloshing PL level but I never thought he would be earning that sort of level at Watford and West Brom.

Now he's in the podcast game, getting on a popular successful Netflix show is huge.
    The money at the top end of football is ridiculous. Forest were paying people similar amounts in the Championship.

Yeah, the podcast thing may be his motivation for jumping aboard the bandwagon. More publicity for his social media bull****. Whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    The money at the top end of football is ridiculous. Forest were paying people similar amounts in the Championship.

Yeah, the podcast thing may be his motivation for jumping aboard the bandwagon. More publicity for his social media bull****. Whatever.
    Tbh I don't really mind the huge money being paid for the very best players. A Kevin De Bruyne, a Mo Salah, a Harry Kane are elite players and should get paid accordingly. What I struggle with to come to terms with is the obvious and inevitable knock-on effect where Joe Average top flight players are now earning crazy figures like £30-50K a week to be a fringe player, bench warmer at a big club or a decent perfomer but no more at an average Prem club.

Tbh I don't really mind the huge money being paid for the very best players. A Kevin De Bruyne, a Mo Salah, a Harry Kane are elite players and should get paid accordingly. What I struggle with to come to terms with is the obvious and inevitable knock-on effect where Joe Average top flight players are now earning crazy figures like £30-50K a week to be a fringe player, bench warmer at a big club or a decent perfomer but no more at an average Prem club.
    Interesting!

Scandalous

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast