+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's Only Taken Him 6 Years

I'm a fan of Harry Kane and I'm really pleased to see him break the England goalscoring record. 👍
    If only he'd put that pen in, we would have gone onto beat the Frogs in the WC Qtr final lol.

That was a cracking result for us away to Italy, and hey, I wish we were having a giggle about it now with our mate Roma. ☹️

Pleased to witness a record breaking England goalscorer in my lifetime but I think it’s i tad plastic imo n I’ll tell you why:
    Plenty of ridiculously easy qualifiers compared to a few years ago
    Penalties handed out Willy nilly in VAR era, of which Kane has scored 18 of his England goals
    Don’t get me wrong harry is a legend but never is he Englands greatest goalscorer
    Jimmy greaves would have had 70 in the same position

Quote Originally Posted by Dingle council View Post
    Pleased to witness a record breaking England goalscorer in my lifetime but I think it’s i tad plastic imo n I’ll tell you why:
    Plenty of ridiculously easy qualifiers compared to a few years ago
    Penalties handed out Willy nilly in VAR era, of which Kane has scored 18 of his England goals
    Don’t get me wrong harry is a legend but never is he Englands greatest goalscorer
    Jimmy greaves would have had 70 in the same position
    Kane is a class player but that's a good point Dings.

FIFA and UEFA have widened the qualification groups so much in recent years that there are six or seven teams in each group with at least three or four whipping boys in each. In the past these minnow nations had their own qualifying competition to get through first before playing the bigger nations. Nowadays the Andorras, San Marinos and Luxembourgs are thrown to the lions (pun intended) to lose 7-0 straight away.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12