+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tickets v Burnley

Tickets v Burnley

Only giving Clarets fans 2000 for the game,think its a tad unfair ,but that's all the EFL say is the minimum required. Anyway,what's your thoughts on it Champs and Robin?

Touch of tit for tat as that's all we got at yours.
    It's caused quite a stir between both sets of fans on social media.
    Not sure what I make of it but if this is designed to annoy our neighbours,then it's worked.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Touch of tit for tat as that's all we got at yours.
    It's caused quite a stir between both sets of fans on social media.
    Not sure what I make of it but if this is designed to annoy our neighbours,then it's worked.
    I have mixed feelings. Personally this is a game I refuse to go to anyway. I am not up for being treated like scum of the earth and moved around like cattle.
    I feel its about time fans and both clubs got back to trying to behave like adults.
    But some fans (on both sides) are intent on carrying on this moronic rivalry where its cool to say you hate Burnley or Blackburn with such passion.
    You are a just a bunch of people that live down the road.
    Its very petty to only give you 2,000. But then it was the other way round.
    But me personally, I wouldnt go to this night game if I was paid.
    Idiots on both sides drinking and planning to knock seven bells of ****e out of each other, not for me.
    It just ruins it for the genuine fans.
    Its about time everyone on both sides grew the fk up.

also worth adding, Alf this NOT aimed at you ....honestly its not. I don't want to offend you here, I really do not.

But we get bullied alot as a club. We are actually right to not bow down to Burnley here.
    They could have easily given us double, treble what they did earlier this season. They chose to say fk Rovers and its fans.
    Fair enough, thats their decision. I was never going to that game personally, so was unaffected.
    But that badly thought out decision was always going to come back and bite your own fans on the arse. Your club actually created this problem. I get it doesn't help to start finger pointing here. But it was a terrible decision.
    I am shocked that Burnley fans are blaming us. Had your club done the right thing, we would have too.
    We are actually right to say no, we aint getting bullied. It happens too much. I actually commend us for saying no here.

This game is massive for us, we will desperately need the points. You will be up and will have nothing other than this game to play for. We need to fill Ewood, make it as intimidating as possible and beat you. You will have as many inside our ground as you allowed us to have. So I dont see the general fuss being honest.

I still maintain none of this should be happening, I feel people on both sides need to grow up. It feels like for titt for tatt. But we should not allow ourselves to be bullied. Which is what was happening. Until we said no fk that. You reap what you sow.

I'm like you Champs,not too bothered either way as I don't go to games now.I can see your tit for tat point as well.Very petty by both sides though..I wish you both well in the play offs when you get there (and you will do) I have plenty of Rovers mates who I worked with at RR and the banter was good fun.. Having said that I would like you to miss out on the play offs on goal difference 😁👍(well you wouldn't expect me to really want you to win would you. &#128527🤔🤭

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    I'm like you Champs,not too bothered either way as I don't go to games now.I can see your tit for tat point as well.Very petty by both sides though..I wish you both well in the play offs when you get there (and you will do) I have plenty of Rovers mates who I worked with at RR and the banter was good fun.. Having said that I would like you to miss out on the play offs on goal difference 😁👍(well you wouldn't expect me to really want you to win would you. &#128527🤔🤭
    Of course my mate, I would expect nothing less! It would be the same if it was the other way round.
    I'd like to see us both go up, I think it would be great for both clubs.
    Still a long way to go for us yet, at least you will be relaxed when we play you. Already up by then and you are streets ahead of anyone at this level. We will be edgey, desperate to get 3 points and lets see how we handle that pressure. Got to say well done on your season. I really didn't think Kompany would be this good, and has done a tremendous job. Plus you play some great football. I saw a load of loan players and thought .nah, they wont all click in one season'. well you did and I am happy to be proven wrong on that one.

Cheers Champs and like you it would be great if we both went up .Would love to see the Blades miss out on auto and face having to play in the play offs .👌
    Hopefully we can be promoted before we play you.If we aren't I will be worried. Kompany has been a breath of fresh air at the Turf,looking forward to see how he fairs in the greedy unfair level of playing field in the Premier. Much prefer the championship but its all about the money I'm afraid. 💰

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)