+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: England v Italy tonight

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    I know that there aren't too many on here that are in to the National team, but that was a classic game.

People have their opinions about Southgate, but for me he's still up there as one of the best.

If Grealish puts away that sitter before half time its 3-0 and game over. The Itslians were literally shell shocked in that first half.

We go in 2 0 up away in Naples and then the inevitable happens... the Italians come out in full force and get one back. However, we go down to 10 men and still win.

We basically just "Out Italianed the Italians".

Game facts:

Italy's first loss in a Euro Qualifier for 41 games.

First time Englsnd won in Italy since 60's

Only 2nd time we've beaten Italy since turn of the century.

Harry Kane becomes England's all time top scorer.

If you missed it, it's your own fault!

I'm not really 'Pro England' as a country, but I like this team and manager. They deserve some success.

Congratulations to Gareth, Harry and the rest of the lads.

Now to win....(get to the last 16)..of the Euros!!!!
    In historical context it looks a great result, but this is not a vintage Italy team and to be honest they haven't been for quite a while.

Grealish scores the sitter and we are much more comfortable, although I thought we were the better team first half and couldn't really understand why we went into full on containment mode in the second. I think it ended up more nervy than it needed to be.

Winning your first qualifying game away from home is a great start in any case.

It's a great result in the end - which I guess is all that matters - but was a very strange game. England were brilliant in the first half & dreadful in the second.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Ross View Post
    It's a great result in the end - which I guess is all that matters - but was a very strange game. England were brilliant in the first half & dreadful in the second.
    This ^^^ talk about a game of 2 halves.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    He could have taken him off, it was our fourth yellow, pretty much every attack avenue had someone walking a tightrope
    So if Maguire had been sent off for a second yellow would you have said he should have been taken off?

I didn't even know England were playing last night until I turned the TV on watch something at 9 and saw it. Watched 5 minutes and then turned over to watch whatever it was I was going to watch Can't say I'm that bothered, I don't even know who some of the players are these days as I don't watch Premiership football.

Was it a friendly??

I loved it, still not heard from my Italian in laws...

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    I didn't even know England were playing last night until I turned the TV on watch something at 9 and saw it. Watched 5 minutes and then turned over to watch whatever it was I was going to watch Can't say I'm that bothered, I don't even know who some of the players are these days as I don't watch Premiership football.

Was it a friendly??
    It was a European championship qualifying game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Ross View Post
    England weren’t dreadful 2nd half Italy changed tactics and upped their game exactly what happens to Notts most recently at Barnet

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    England get results in spite of Southgate.
    Sums up my opinion perfectly. He's a bang average manager (if that!) lucky to have some exceptional talent at his disposal.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12