+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: PlYer Interviews

PlYer Interviews

Lot of players have given interviews and spoken about Marsch - seems like they thought about as much of his tactics as many on here did.

Seems like the play without stress and no fear mantra should have been directed back to himself as seems he was prone to stressing them out in the dressing room.

In layman terms.
    He was a complete ar&ehole.

Marsch ?
    Well he's certainly subdued imput on all Leeds Utd forums in his aftermath.

Marsch for me played a flawed system that never allowed players to have options thus restricting their natural skill-set ability traits.

For me the many questions raised over his tenure were reflected in his flawed tactics & were answered in that his failed system became doomed by restricting the players natural traits which had been unified under Bielsa. If a player is forced to play a certain way but has 'traits' which act differently then he'll struggle to perform in the role that has been asked of him - end of.

For some players at Leeds it may not have been possible to learn, integrate or remove such in built natural skill-sets for the newer narrow tactical approach 'demanded role' that Marsch was trying to enforce & it showed.

Under JG (for now) players are playing to their natural trait skill-sets incorporating into what they can do well individually & what they can do for the team as a unit.

Long term is JG the answer for us 'if' we stay up & would he stay 'if' we go down ?
    Different mind-set required from Owners, Coach & players to get outta Championship.

Marsch is symptomatic of many people in today’s world - they talk a great game but there is no substance behind it. The people who make hiring and firing decisions get seduced by it and then it all unravels.

I think Javi is going to make it tough on the board. I think we are going to end up 14th with a solid end to the season

Frankly. If he does the above and the players are with him he’s the man for next year

Reading papers, snippets of info from friends who went & comments from players it appears JG has got the team collective spirit in harmony with decent overall individual concentration where it should be - so no complaints from me.

As I said in post 3 getting the positive-psyche back into the heads was crucial & obviously Firpo, Pascal Struijk have come back into the learning curve form JG requires from them thus being a benefit to the team unit.

Yep I like the cut of JG, particularly his manners off/on the pitch which a few in the Boardroom could do well to copy when opening their yap to the media.

Bring it on - Palace next up, so more of the same karma please JG, nothing better than 3 points & zipping me hydrofoil board across the bay in a sea temp of 10c today - totally invigorating.

The palace game is huge! If we win that we could get on a big roll

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)