+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Biggest Crowd in the Country

It’s at Orient so there won’t be that many, although one of them will be my daughter.

Portsmouth got 18,046.

I stand corrected thought it would have Beeb held at Tottenhams ground but it was given up to a Rugby Union game, but please don't diss the ladies game, at least it's an honest and decent game of football.

Quote Originally Posted by Moreton_Pie View Post
    I stand corrected thought it would have Beeb held at Tottenhams ground but it was given up to a Rugby Union game, but please don't diss the ladies game, at least it's an honest and decent game of football.
    And it’s getting better year on year

Quote Originally Posted by ivansneck View Post
    And it’s getting better year on year
    Unless my daughter was interested in playing or watching - it's not something I can personally say interests me. Similar to U23s or reserve football - the fact of it is it's substandard in comparison to men's football in every which way whether you're looking at it technically, historically or in terms of popularity.

If the BBC want to flood their headlines with it pretending it does have the same gravitas and interest that men's football does that's their prerogative.

It's by no means a "freakshow" and I'm sure if his granddaughter was playing at any level maddog would be there to cheer her on.

Quote Originally Posted by tommopie8 View Post
    Unless my daughter was interested in playing or watching - it's not something I can personally say interests me. Similar to U23s or reserve football - the fact of it is it's substandard in comparison to men's football in every which way whether you're looking at it technically, historically or in terms of popularity.

If the BBC want to flood their headlines with it pretending it does have the same gravitas and interest that men's football does that's their prerogative.

It's by no means a "freakshow" and I'm sure if his granddaughter was playing at any level maddog would be there to cheer her on.
    You’re right it’s substandard in lots of ways. There’s less diving, less violence on and off the field, less cheating, less corruption, less foul language on and off the field. Very substandard!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12