+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Everton in the deep brown stuff.

Everton in the deep brown stuff.

The Toffees have been charged with "financial irregularities". Whoops!

No they aren't,they will just get a fine. You know the way things work BT.

The Untouchables, unlike Bury FC and other lower division minnows.

Exactly Chris,one rule for them another rule for others how do you think Citeh have been getting away with it for years.In theiry they should be in the old Lancs combination 😉

I agree, though I doubt we'll see City drop to the third tier again.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    I agree, though I doubt we'll see City drop to the third tier again.
    You might,I won't at my age.😁

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    You might,I won't at my age.��
    Ee alf, I've seen my 3 score years and 10 so I doubt I'll see it on my shift too.

Presumably if Burnley and Leeds United had not highlighted any possibility of Everton breaching the Rules it would have been overlooked. If that is the case then someone within the Premier League hierarchy is not doing their job?

Quote Originally Posted by SAMMY BUBBLY View Post
    Presumably if Burnley and Leeds United had not highlighted any possibility of Everton breaching the Rules it would have been overlooked. If that is the case then someone within the Premier League hierarchy is not doing their job?
    There's a certain irony here for SD I think. It was his old club that dobbed his new club in.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    The Untouchables, unlike Bury FC and other lower division minnows.
    It certainly seems that way, Chris. I think that a few teams are seen as ***** to the Premier League brand as a money making machine. Man Ewe, Man City and Liverpool are obvious choices - presumably because of their global following.

Outside that bubble, other teams are simply cannon fodder in the annual relegation drama. That drama enhances the appeal of the Premier League as who doesn’t like a good scandal, a team being punished and so on as rival fans rub their hands in glee.

After all it is an entertainment not too dissimilar to a pantomime.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)