+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Random Crap..

A lot of freight is now going via rail now pal, huge warehousing areas being built in South Leicestershire next to the M1 all with new rail links.

Of course not everything can go by rail and things need to be delivered to shops but smaller vehicles usually do this and I am guessing those will be easier to convert possibly to hybrid or battery as the load will be lighter.

The efficiency of the rail operation shocked me, and this was over a decade ago.

Computers would analyse which shops had run out of what, this got picked and put in trays and onto a cage/cages and then put into the back of a container - countless bays and containers being filled and instead of spilling out onto the motorway they went next door to the railport, taken there by the shunters.

Then utilising the rail system overnight they would take all these up to Scotland to be delivered to stores the next day.

Must be miles more advanced and more companies doing this now, I have noticed a lot less on the roads than there used to be, especially Stobarts which is a shame - especially is you are a 'spotter'.

I don't like Mondays,
    I don't like Mondays,
    I don't like Mondays,
    I wanna shoooooooooot,
    The blighters down

Names after days are more real though I think, they are usually named after the African name for Monday or whatever, it is the generic object names that are made up I imagine.

Haha - just reminded me.

That locksmith gadgey in Carlisle, Vandella's - he does it mobile now as the shop off Greystone Road has recently closed.

He did my car key ages back and my mate texted the other day as he wanted to know who I had used, I told him it was Vandella's and that I know the owner who is called Nelson, just ask for him and tell him that I gave you his number.

A few days later I got a text back off him telling me he had rang them and that I am a t wat - charming.

True story that, can't wait to see the daft get

Quote Originally Posted by crushalime View Post
    Haha - just reminded me.

That locksmith gadgey in Carlisle, Vandella's - he does it mobile now as the shop off Greystone Road has recently closed.

He did my car key ages back and my mate texted the other day as he wanted to know who I had used, I told him it was Vandella's and that I know the owner who is called Nelson, just ask for him and tell him that I gave you his number.

A few days later I got a text back off him telling me he had rang them and that I am a t wat - charming.

True story that, can't wait to see the daft get

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)