+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Postponed weekend

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboldon View Post
    “Coaching doesn’t improve anyone”
    Why do I bother, but I will. As an ex Crewe goalkeeper once said, “the lights are on but there’s no one home”
    Coaching will not (imo) improve/enhance natural ability, by definition it’s natural. But it will show the possessor of that natural ability how to use it better.
    And when we are talking about 4th tier footballers with limited (in terms of the players in L1, championship and premiership) ability, then coaching is essential.
    Its pretty obvious some, maybe many fans really do not know about football as clearly defined on this board. I have history on my side of well over 100 years as there were NO coaches or academies in British football and it used to be said the Brazillians learned there game on the beaches. Sevi Ballesterous learned to play golf himself as millions did just like me with not one lesson or coaching. Tens of thousands of ex footballers and others are employed as coaches, most who were of poor quality when they were playing. David Platt and Bobby Charlton could not make it as a coach in football as we CAFC have THREE managers/coaches on the touchline and the result is we are 19th in the bottom Pro league and we spend over a million pounds per year on a failing academy as you could take a 100 kids off the street and some would be really fine playing football in the league without one coaching lesson and can I explain why? Football is a 'natural' thing that kids can play or 50 year olds can play and not one of them needs to be told how to kick a ball, score a goal, head a ball, take a throw in, be a goalkeeper. The better ones play at the higher level and the ones not as good at a lower leveL. THAT is why we have different divisions and non league. Footballers were picked for the league because they were better than others.

Now, has your brain engaged with reality only we seem to have Alex employees on here who try and defend the status quo. I say look at the league position for the truth and history of this game supports my position and none of yours and those who have never played this game ever...

I don't need to defend my position, but you do and you fail every time..

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    Its pretty obvious some, maybe many fans really do not know about football as clearly defined on this board. I have history on my side of well over 100 years as there were NO coaches or academies in British football and it used to be said the Brazillians learned there game on the beaches. Sevi Ballesterous learned to play golf himself as millions did just like me with not one lesson or coaching. Tens of thousands of ex footballers and others are employed as coaches, most who were of poor quality when they were playing. David Platt and Bobby Charlton could not make it as a coach in football as we CAFC have THREE managers/coaches on the touchline and the result is we are 19th in the bottom Pro league and we spend over a million pounds per year on a failing academy as you could take a 100 kids off the street and some would be really fine playing football in the league without one coaching lesson and can I explain why? Football is a 'natural' thing that kids can play or 50 year olds can play and not one of them needs to be told how to kick a ball, score a goal, head a ball, take a throw in, be a goalkeeper. The better ones play at the higher level and the ones not as good at a lower leveL. THAT is why we have different divisions and non league. Footballers were picked for the league because they were better than others.

Now, has your brain engaged with reality only we seem to have Alex employees on here who try and defend the status quo. I say look at the league position for the truth and history of this game supports my position and none of yours and those who have never played this game ever...

I don't need to defend my position, but you do and you fail every time..
    I can't work out if it is arrogance or stupidity but if it is the former it is breathtaking. There is only you on this board who knows anything about football? Because that is what you are saying. And I find that extraordinary. Because you are living in the dark ages. Forget football. What about other sports? Cricket, Tennis, Badminton, Table tennis. Is coaching in these sports an irrelevance too? Wake up man. Get you foot into the 20th century at least!!

Bobby Moore played for a youth team at West Ham. It was not part of an 'Academy' in those days but young players showing natural ability were often taken on by their local club.

Whilst playing at youth level, Bobby was coached by Malcolm Allison, who had to stop playing early for health reasons.

The captain of the World Cup winning team came up thru West Ham's youth set-up, and was coached.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    I can't work out if it is arrogance or stupidity but if it is the former it is breathtaking. There is only you on this board who knows anything about football? Because that is what you are saying. And I find that extraordinary. Because you are living in the dark ages. Forget football. What about other sports? Cricket, Tennis, Badminton, Table tennis. Is coaching in these sports an irrelevance too? Wake up man. Get you foot into the 20th century at least!!
    It is not arrogant or stupid to have an opinion on coaching that defies pure logic. Of course there were youngsters who had great ability in football. I played all those sports and didn't need anyone to tell me or explain HOW to play. In every single sports team including football, no especially football where talent comes out without needing any other person to what 'coach' them to play better. You can argue all you like. I played in a good football team and there were players there that were brilliant and some poor and they didn't need a bloody coach to see it or to improve them. I'm sure some of them were certaintly better than many academy graduates and even Lee Bell said Offord didn't need coaching to know how NOT to make the mistakes he is making and he should know. These players are not million pound players, they are second rate 4th division players who have had donkey's years of coaching. Jimmy Greaves and most here hate the guy because he had exactly the same opinion on coaching as me and said it was counter productive when coaches are asking/telling/ordering them to play by numbers. Having three of them on our touchline is insulting to the crowd and the players and so get stuck into that non creative scenario while we are 19th in the league.

Any idea why we don't see or read of coaches and players not appearing on football/media websites like this one? Well, you tell me...Dario wouldn't use them and no manager I've heard of says they don't and why is that? They should be coming on and telling us all what they think of abc in their club and how having three manager/coaches is good OR bad for them? Maybe they think they risk the sack if they do????? Maybe that is why we have hundreds of views on here as most are ex managers and players who won't get invloved????

Not one single coach has improved the natural talents of great sports people but hey, when the bubble bursts, then there will be thousands more on the dole as we know that most of them won't have enough qualifications and experience for doing anything else....

I will keep telling you the facts and if you disagree, then fine. But then I can say that means you know next to nothing about this game and certainly should not be paying 25 pounds to see three managers/coaches having very little affect on a game of football where the evidence is there was not one single direct shot on goal...You want evidence of coaching? Well there it is!! In front of your own eyes! Criticise why we are one of a very few clubs in the lower leagues that think spending a million pounds PER season on an academy on 5-15 year olds is a good thing when there are thousands out there 18-30 you can see NOW, not in 10 or 15 years time.

Coaching = job creation, msostly by people who have no idea...and trying to tell people who have far greater skills than they ever had, iit s quite frankly an insult.

Quote Originally Posted by frogpole View Post
    Bobby Moore played for a youth team at West Ham. It was not part of an 'Academy' in those days but young players showing natural ability were often taken on by their local club.

Whilst playing at youth level, Bobby was coached by Malcolm Allison, who had to stop playing early for health reasons.

The captain of the World Cup winning team came up thru West Ham's youth set-up, and was coached.
    Youngsters all got on when playing football who were noticed by scouts who were part and parcel of the game in tyhe old days. They didn't do anything else but try and get these kids games at mostly their local club. Rooney was scoring tons of goals as a kid. Its what is called....Natural ability! Now, have you got that??

Having gyms and training sessions and fitness session and having football matches against teams with better players improves people...Coaches were not involved. Allison was the asst manager to a really great manager. Dario had a great assistant manger who told Ashton he needed to play more for the team than just for himself. This was NOT coaching but managerial instructions ie like tactical information. You cannot do that with kids but professional players who are already very good. ie tactics is not coaching at least as i understand it anyway. Every team has tactics to win a game . Mourino was not a coach but a tactician but without the best players was useless...The evidence is there to see...Anyone tell Alex Furguson how tp manage or 'coach' players??

Most if not all schools had football teams that had players that were noticed by ability. I think that has all gone now. Crewe Alex can have a kids team but the government should pay the costs, not the club. Well the FA probably pay most of that...
    Last edited by MikeSB; 26-03-2023 at 09:35 PM.

Mcgarry tells us every game about a list of scouts watching the match to try and spot the very best players on the day and if so they tell their sponsors who they are...These are not coaches but watchers of talent and that is all. They have no idea of how many years they have been 'coached' only if they can produce what they are looking for and the very fact is not many get signed by them suggests they are not impressed but hey, watchers get paid as well....

Just think everybody, of all those people who know everything about football, as opposed to everyone else and this being because they played a lot of sports. Just imagine, if these people had been coached, we'd probably know their names as famous ex-footballers rather than just a recurring name on this site repeating the same stuff every time, including how everything they say is evidence as opposed to everything other people say which is just opinion, which is not the same opinion as these people because their opinion is the truth.
    And breathe.....
    Sound familiar?

....and I forgot to say that I have a right to say anything I want because it's true anyway. What's more it's obvious cos no-one knows about football like I do because I can remember someone from 60 years ago who says he couldn't remember being coached and it wasn't because he was drunk but because he was the only good footballer ever and those Hungarians who beat England 6-3 and 7-1 in the 50s forgot everything they had been coached and just played naturally although they did keep their clothes on.....
    etc. etc
    I don't know how some people keep this up! Ah well! Time to get on with....life!

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    ....and I forgot to say that I have a right to say anything I want because it's true anyway. What's more it's obvious cos no-one knows about football like I do because I can remember someone from 60 years ago who says he couldn't remember being coached and it wasn't because he was drunk but because he was the only good footballer ever and those Hungarians who beat England 6-3 and 7-1 in the 50s forgot everything they had been coached and just played naturally although they did keep their clothes on.....
    etc. etc
    I don't know how some people keep this up! Ah well! Time to get on with....life!
    When posters try and insult others for having a different opinion then they have clearly and I mean clearly lost the argument as anyone can have a different opinion including 3000 or 500 or 70,000 fans watching a football match. You see football is supposed to be a team sport but results depend very much on the genius of the players and the manager....ie not managers as everyone knows you can only have ONE manager. I see posters here REFUSE to answer my previous question and for a very good reason....it weakens the only argument they have and so I will ask it again...and again...

We have THREE managers/coaches on the touchline. We are 19th in the lowest professional league and most matches we have hardly any direct shots on goal and one of the lowest scorers in the whole league. We cannot afford to buy players and so have them on loan and so....Would YOU not recommend getting rid of two of them managers and spending THAT money on buying better players and possibly getting a manager on higher pay? Simple question! Now you 'know alls' about football, answer that very simple question...Anyway Kenny Lunt is a nice bloke but he was sacked as a failing assistant manager and so please, what is he doing on the touchline?

And please STOP insulting one of the best footballers this world has ever seen in Jimmy Greaves. Lots of players drink more and gamble more than they should. People who try and insult such great players know NOTHING about football and should be ashamed of saying what they do..I saw Jimmy Greaves play and he scored a goal that I have never seen repeated in top level and certainly not at 4th division level most of you so called experts are weaned on that's for sure. I'm not sure you should be coming on a football forum when you all know so little about the game!

You went to see a ladies football match. I posted highlights of one and so why not tell us what you saw on Saturday evening? And whether our players could learn something without needing a coach to tell them?
    Last edited by MikeSB; 26-03-2023 at 10:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    I’d go with arrogance. How many times has he told us how good he was at football, golf, engineering? etc?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast