+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Postponed weekend

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    When posters try and insult others for having a different opinion then they have clearly and I mean clearly lost the argument as anyone can have a different opinion including 3000 or 500 or 70,000 fans watching a football match. You see football is supposed to be a team sport but results depend very much on the genius of the players and the manager....ie not managers as everyone knows you can only have ONE manager. I see posters here REFUSE to answer my previous question and for a very good reason....it weakens the only argument they have and so I will ask it again...and again...

We have THREE managers/coaches on the touchline. We are 19th in the lowest professional league and most matches we have hardly any direct shots on goal and one of the lowest scorers in the whole league. We cannot afford to buy players and so have them on loan and so....Would YOU not recommend getting rid of two of them managers and spending THAT money on buying better players and possibly getting a manager on higher pay? Simple question! Now you 'know alls' about football, answer that very simple question...Anyway Kenny Lunt is a nice bloke but he was sacked as a failing assistant manager and so please, what is he doing on the touchline?

And please STOP insulting one of the best footballers this world has ever seen in Jimmy Greaves. Lots of players drink more and gamble more than they should. People who try and insult such great players know NOTHING about football and should be ashamed of saying what they do..I saw Jimmy Greaves play and he scored a goal that I have never seen repeated in top level and certainly not at 4th division level most of you so called experts are weaned on that's for sure. I'm not sure you should be coming on a football forum when you all know so little about the game!

You went to see a ladies football match. I posted highlights of one and so why not tell us what you saw on Saturday evening? And whether our players could learn something without needing a coach to tell them?
    States that using insults indicates loss of argument, and then proceeds to insult other contributors to the board.
    I think contributors are resorting to mild insults out of frustration.

I haven't insulted anyone. I wrote an ironic/parody piece of my own that did not directly refer to anyone. If certain individuals recognise themselves in this parody then maybe now is a time for a bit of self reflection.
    (No animals were harmed in this production)

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboldon View Post
    States that using insults indicates loss of argument, and then proceeds to insult other contributors to the board.
    I think contributors are resorting to mild insults out of frustration.
    Fans ignorance about football on this site seems to equate with them NOT knowing the T&C's of this forum..

I have put up with a lot of insults here and people don't like it when it comes flying back at them...I will do my best to explain the quite simple facts about football but all of you must try harder..It is quite a simple game that only needs ONE manager, not three or more for a club near the bottom end of the worst pro league...

I didn't go to a "ladies game", I went to a women's football match. The United match wasn't so good. WHU came to contain but fell apart after 60 mins. Nothing to learn there.
    City game much more interesting- well-organised, well- coached group of players knocked the top team off their perch.
    The major point of interest was the difference was the atmosphere. OT= very choreographed. Continual reference to the "greatest club in the world. No chanting. Needed a brass section to provoke a response from the crowd. City was like any other football ground. The atmosphere is much better at Gresty Road.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboldon View Post
    I’d go with arrogance. How many times has he told us how good he was at football, golf, engineering? etc?
    Seeing this morning's ramblings I am going with both!!

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    Haha...LOL,

Brought out the naysayers again!

Its pretty obvious that most fans on here do not understand football.

They don't understand the history of the game and that coaching is a recent innovation that great players and even our Frank Lord didn't ever had and coaching has done nothing for the top clubs and even the bottom ones like ours. Its why so few academy graduates make the grade and that is FACT not my supposition. I see you all still haven't answered my question about if we could reduce our managers/coaches by two on the touchline and spent the money saved on better players or even a more experienced manager, it would benefit the team...Now, if you cannot understand the question then it shows you don't understand football. Kenny Lunt is a nice ex player here but he was sacked as an assistant manager and the club invented a new job for him. That is great for KL but bad for the club's finances. I thought we had a new Chairman and a new Board that knows about these things but maybe they too do not understand football.

Most clubs get rid of their manager when the team is pants. We at Crewe keep them on and why is that? Wages, loyalty? Do you remember that "Football is a results game"...We have spent over 2 million pounds on a failing academy these last two years and had one of the lowest points ever last season and got relegated and lying 19th in the bottom league now, great success with that money and well spent then? That would have bought one hell of a team at this level!

Over to you..
    Last edited by MikeSB; 27-03-2023 at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    I forgot this one..

I was a single figure golf handicap. I was pretty good in my local football team and scored a load of goals from wing half. I achieved a B.Sc in Engineering and became a Chartered Engineer and member of the oldest engineering institution in the world. From a very humble background too...Yep, I think my achievements in those fields was excellent and actually deserves praise from reasonable people but they are so few on this board....

Answer the question if you can....If we got rid of two managers/coaches on the touchline and placed that saving of money on better players than we have or an experienced manager, are you in favour or not? I presume you all like the status quo and therefore one conclusion is lack of knowledge of football..No reasonable football fan could support us being 19th in the fourth division having got relegated the season before with one of the lowest points total ever and the club spent 2 million pounds on an academy in that very short timescale. One could presume why they won't tell us how much the academy cost the club is obvious. You work it out!

I had a pretty decent job too..... Oh a nice house and a BMW to drive for some years...Now, that is bordering on the arrogance...
    Last edited by MikeSB; 27-03-2023 at 12:55 PM.

[QUOTE=gazan;40248013]I didn't go to a "ladies game", I went to a women's football match.

Are you stupid or does it come naturally to you?

Here is a 'ladies' game, advertised on our own website..

I suppose you would not go to that one, being they are 'ladies' and not women! But both are mentioned, women and ladies...You are just being the usual PITA..

https://www.crewealex.net/news/2023/...county-ladies/

[QUOTE=MikeSB;40248180]
    Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    I didn't go to a "ladies game", I went to a women's football match.

Are you stupid or does it come naturally to you?
    [/url]
    Do you mean something like…
    “Do you practice at being stupid, or does it come naturally to you?”
    Now who looks stupid?

It seems my rambling, incoherent and basically illogical parody wasn't robust enough!
    🤣🤣🤣🤣🙄🙄🙄.
    Unbelievable!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast