+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Postponed weekend

Anyway, enough for me. I said I wouldn't engage again but the ramblings and jabberings were too much to ignore.
    However, the situation is so severe and is clearly irredeemable that I'd only be guilty of accelerating the condition. So, I'll leave off it now and continue to try engaging in worthwhile discussion.
    How did the blank weekend go for people?

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Anyway, enough for me. I said I wouldn't engage again but the ramblings and jabberings were too much to ignore.
    However, the situation is so severe and is clearly irredeemable that I'd only be guilty of accelerating the condition. So, I'll leave off it now and continue to try engaging in worthwhile discussion.
    How did the blank weekend go for people?
    My dog had a cracking swim on his walk on Saturday morning. River in flood, so he had to swim against a strong current ...

A natural talent for a Labrador - didn't need any coaching 👍

He must be a good dog, definitely not a stupid dog😃

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    He must be a good dog, definitely not a stupid dog😃
    Think you'll find that most dogs are good, the problem is normally the owner ..

Spent large part of Sunday keeping an eye on an elderly neighbour - culminating in resolving a problem viewing Netflix on her TV ...

... exciting, eh!

I'll dive in again. Watched my grandson's team play on Sunday, 10 years old, listened to the manager/coach with them pre game and at half time. He was emphasising to them about their positional play and being aware of their opponents. It made sense to me, I guess without that they would all chase the ball around like headless chickens. Nothing too complicated was said but it all made sense to me and by the way he is an ex pro doing it for the love of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by MeForCrewe View Post
    I'll dive in again. Watched my grandson's team play on Sunday, 10 years old, listened to the manager/coach with them pre game and at half time. He was emphasising to them about their positional play and being aware of their opponents. It made sense to me, I guess without that they would all chase the ball around like headless chickens. Nothing too complicated was said but it all made sense to me and by the way he is an ex pro doing it for the love of the game.
    You obviously know absolutely nothing about football. If left to their own devices, the 10 year olds would have relied on their natural ability and automatically settled into a competitive formation. A centre half, 1 not 2 obviously, would have naturally emerged, along with 5 forwards and 2 wing halves.
    Oh, wait. Perhaps they weren’t future England players, and to make the best of their natural talents a coach was needed?

Hope you didn't shout too loud at him ...

The one thing that used to annoy me most watching from the touchline was when they played on large-ish pitches with nearly full-sized goals - poor goalie never stood a chance!

At the end of the day just think it better that they are running round out in the fresh air for an hour, rather than sitting indoors playing computer games.

Just had a look on Wikipedia for "Bobby Moore", and it quite clearly states -

In 1956, Moore joined West Ham United as a player and, after advancing through their youth set-up, he played his first game on 8 September 1958 against Manchester United In putting on the number six shirt, he replaced his mentor Malcolm Allison, who was suffering from tuberculosis.

Admittedly there were no actual Academies at the time, but there were youth set-up equivalents.

Effectively, by mentoring Moore, Malcolm Allison 'coached' him.

Didn't do a bad job either, just noticed that he was only 23 in the 1966 Final.

Get rid of that ex Pro is my advice. 10 year olds are far too young to take that sort of information in and actually will be counter productive to natural talent when they want to express themselves not take notice of what some bloke was telling them. God, its a wonder I was able to play at a decent level with all my friends without all this nonesense..And indeed all the thousands of players that played local football..

Offord here spent 13 years in cour acadeny since he was a toddler and he made two glaring mistakes in the last couple of games that Lee Bell made him very angry and no doubt had he had better players on the books, he would have been dropped. You see a naturally talented player would not have done that. He was doing what all academies do and sod about with the ball....

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast