+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Postponed weekend

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Postponed weekend

Any plans for Saturday? Am going to Man U women v WHU. And Sunday Man C women v Chelsea. Going with friends who had been coming to watch the Bradford game, so they chose this as the alternative. Otherwise, as it's national non-league day I would've gone to see Ashton Utd v Stalybridge Celtic in the Tameside derby!! (or possibly Alty v Southend).
    Anyone planning an alternative match?

Having a golf lesson from my coach and then taking the kids to the park with a football, I promise that I will keep my mouth shut!! Naughty. Keeping my eye on Crawley v Rochdale hoping for an away win.

Quote Originally Posted by MeForCrewe View Post
    Having a golf lesson from my coach and then taking the kids to the park with a football, I promise that I will keep my mouth shut!! Naughty. Keeping my eye on Crawley v Rochdale hoping for an away win.
    A lesson! From a coach! You obviously not off single figures. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboldon View Post
    A lesson! From a coach! You obviously not off single figures. LOL.
    I once worked with a young man who was diabetic, drunk 10 pints of beer every night and played off a 4 handicap. Play golf wow he shouldn't even have been alive. Hope he still is. And no he did not get coached LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by lukcour View Post
    I once worked with a young man who was diabetic, drunk 10 pints of beer every night and played off a 4 handicap. Play golf wow he shouldn't even have been alive. Hope he still is. And no he did not get coached LOL.
    Might have got to scratch with a lesson or two. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboldon View Post
    Might have got to scratch with a lesson or two. Lol
    But "coaching does not improve anyone".

Sorry MikeSB, I could not resist that one.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Any plans for Saturday? Am going to Man U women v WHU. And Sunday Man C women v Chelsea. Going with friends who had been coming to watch the Bradford game, so they chose this as the alternative. Otherwise, as it's national non-league day I would've gone to see Ashton Utd v Stalybridge Celtic in the Tameside derby!! (or possibly Alty v Southend).
    Anyone planning an alternative match?

No football for me this weekend which is pretty much the same most weekends watching the Alex.

Bobby Moore played for a youth team at West Ham. It was not part of an 'Academy' in those days but young players showing natural ability were often taken on by their local club.

Whilst playing at youth level, Bobby was coached by Malcolm Allison, who had to stop playing early for health reasons.

The captain of the World Cup winning team came up thru West Ham's youth set-up, and was coached.

Quote Originally Posted by frogpole View Post
    Bobby Moore played for a youth team at West Ham. It was not part of an 'Academy' in those days but young players showing natural ability were often taken on by their local club.

Whilst playing at youth level, Bobby was coached by Malcolm Allison, who had to stop playing early for health reasons.

The captain of the World Cup winning team came up thru West Ham's youth set-up, and was coached.
    Youngsters all got on when playing football who were noticed by scouts who were part and parcel of the game in tyhe old days. They didn't do anything else but try and get these kids games at mostly their local club. Rooney was scoring tons of goals as a kid. Its what is called....Natural ability! Now, have you got that??

Having gyms and training sessions and fitness session and having football matches against teams with better players improves people...Coaches were not involved. Allison was the asst manager to a really great manager. Dario had a great assistant manger who told Ashton he needed to play more for the team than just for himself. This was NOT coaching but managerial instructions ie like tactical information. You cannot do that with kids but professional players who are already very good. ie tactics is not coaching at least as i understand it anyway. Every team has tactics to win a game . Mourino was not a coach but a tactician but without the best players was useless...The evidence is there to see...Anyone tell Alex Furguson how tp manage or 'coach' players??

Most if not all schools had football teams that had players that were noticed by ability. I think that has all gone now. Crewe Alex can have a kids team but the government should pay the costs, not the club. Well the FA probably pay most of that...
    Last edited by MikeSB; 26-03-2023 at 09:35 PM.

Just think everybody, of all those people who know everything about football, as opposed to everyone else and this being because they played a lot of sports. Just imagine, if these people had been coached, we'd probably know their names as famous ex-footballers rather than just a recurring name on this site repeating the same stuff every time, including how everything they say is evidence as opposed to everything other people say which is just opinion, which is not the same opinion as these people because their opinion is the truth.
    And breathe.....
    Sound familiar?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast