+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Postponed weekend

Postponed weekend

Any plans for Saturday? Am going to Man U women v WHU. And Sunday Man C women v Chelsea. Going with friends who had been coming to watch the Bradford game, so they chose this as the alternative. Otherwise, as it's national non-league day I would've gone to see Ashton Utd v Stalybridge Celtic in the Tameside derby!! (or possibly Alty v Southend).
    Anyone planning an alternative match?

Having a golf lesson from my coach and then taking the kids to the park with a football, I promise that I will keep my mouth shut!! Naughty. Keeping my eye on Crawley v Rochdale hoping for an away win.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Any plans for Saturday? Am going to Man U women v WHU. And Sunday Man C women v Chelsea. Going with friends who had been coming to watch the Bradford game, so they chose this as the alternative. Otherwise, as it's national non-league day I would've gone to see Ashton Utd v Stalybridge Celtic in the Tameside derby!! (or possibly Alty v Southend).
    Anyone planning an alternative match?

No football for me this weekend which is pretty much the same most weekends watching the Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by MeForCrewe View Post
    Having a golf lesson from my coach and then taking the kids to the park with a football, I promise that I will keep my mouth shut!! Naughty. Keeping my eye on Crawley v Rochdale hoping for an away win.
    A lesson! From a coach! You obviously not off single figures. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboldon View Post
    A lesson! From a coach! You obviously not off single figures. LOL.
    I once worked with a young man who was diabetic, drunk 10 pints of beer every night and played off a 4 handicap. Play golf wow he shouldn't even have been alive. Hope he still is. And no he did not get coached LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by lukcour View Post
    I once worked with a young man who was diabetic, drunk 10 pints of beer every night and played off a 4 handicap. Play golf wow he shouldn't even have been alive. Hope he still is. And no he did not get coached LOL.
    Might have got to scratch with a lesson or two. Lol

Might have got to scratch with a lesson or two. Lol
    But "coaching does not improve anyone".

Sorry MikeSB, I could not resist that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Teammoo View Post
    But "coaching does not improve anyone".

Sorry MikeSB, I could not resist that one.
    I don't mind and its great to be mentioned... Coaching doesn't improve anyone, its games and using natural ability that does...Even our million pound a season academy and seeing the mistakes our players make after donkey's years so called coaching doesn't improve them...And just remember we are what now 19th in the bottom league. Does that suggest coaching works or not? Even Lee Bell said something similar after the last game..He would love to get rid of most of our team and sign better players but the Chairman won't give him the money!

I wonder if we can replace the mens game with the womens game and gazan gave me an idea to just see the highlights of one and imo its ten times better than the mens game..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AiSSriv26U

That was actually brilliant imo...

“Coaching doesn’t improve anyone”
    Why do I bother, but I will. As an ex Crewe goalkeeper once said, “the lights are on but there’s no one home”
    Coaching will not (imo) improve/enhance natural ability, by definition it’s natural. But it will show the possessor of that natural ability how to use it better.
    And when we are talking about 4th tier footballers with limited (in terms of the players in L1, championship and premiership) ability, then coaching is essential.

“Coaching doesn’t improve anyone”
    Why do I bother, but I will. As an ex Crewe goalkeeper once said, “the lights are on but there’s no one home”
    Coaching will not (imo) improve/enhance natural ability, by definition it’s natural. But it will show the possessor of that natural ability how to use it better.
    And when we are talking about 4th tier footballers with limited (in terms of the players in L1, championship and premiership) ability, then coaching is essential.
    Well done Jimmy, you have said exactly what I was going to say. You can't teach natural ability. But you can teach naturally gifted players how to make the best of that natural ability within the confines of a team. It really is idiotic to say coaching doesn't improve players in their sports.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast