+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rotherham United's latest accounts and what the UK's best-known football-finance

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    Is it?
    But we are told that plans are done and in place and work could be done during the regular season – but we were told that this time last year too – to expand the 12,000 capacity to 16,000 and then 20,000.

Millers Chairman Tony Stewart has told The Advertiser that the first stage of the expansion would be to add 2,000 seats behind each goal with the second stage adding 4,000 to the Family Stand.

‘Each of the stages would take four months. If I pressed the button it would probably be only about another month before work could start"

From 2016. I've ever seen anything to suggest this has changed
    Don't know how many seats it would add but there is already a boarded off section at the top of the away end that could take more rows of seats

Is who saying it doesn't include the East Stand? Not me. I'm just pointing out that TS has said in the past that the ends would be done first - family stand phase 2
    This would seem to be in line with my recollection of events.
    The north and south stands already have structural provisions for expansion and the club could apply to raise the height of the east at a later date if required. They might be successful in obtaining planning permission, they might not. Certainly no harm in trying and negotiating with the planners

Is who saying it doesn't include the East Stand? Not me. I'm just pointing out that TS has said in the past that the ends would be done first - family stand phase 2
    It was to flour, but you posted in between whilst I was typing.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Don't know how many seats it would add but there is already a boarded off section at the top of the away end that could take more rows of seats
    About 3 rows but would need the roof to be straight (i.e. east end to match west end) if it is going to go all way across the stand.

When the stadium was being built, I took photo's every 2 weeks from the same place to highlight the progress. The largest stanchions are in the East stand to take the weight of another tier. Most of the work would be done from outside the stadium. If you view NYS from above the present East stand doesn't match the profile of the other 3 stands, and this would be underneath the "new" tier above.

We never fill those last few seat when it's a sell out. Given more room would encourage floating supporters to be able to sit together.

The away fans could then be given the SE corner and some of the lower east stand. No season tickets would be sold for the lower east up to the half way line, this would give the club the power to do what they think...............

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    When the stadium was being built, I took photo's every 2 weeks from the same place to highlight the progress. The largest stanchions are in the East stand to take the weight of another tier. Most of the work would be done from outside the stadium. If you view NYS from above the present East stand doesn't match the profile of the other 3 stands, and this would be underneath the "new" tier above.

We never fill those last few seat when it's a sell out. Given more room would encourage floating supporters to be able to sit together.

The away fans could then be given the SE corner and some of the lower east stand. No season tickets would be sold for the lower east up to the half way line, this would give the club the power to do what they think...............
    Yes, that’s my understanding of it also.

But would such an expansion get planning permission?

Just look next door at G&C to see how just one misguided objector can paralyse development

If we stay in championship (we will) and the extension starts them they really need to sort exits out, it’s bad enough sending us down via Don st now which seems to be the norm lately but it’s going to be an absolute nightmare with bigger crowds turning up. Serious Accident awaiting

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    I think we may have had a discussion on this before
    The east stand had planning restrictions on it with regard to its height and so it did not dwarf the river views. So putting another tier on it and altering existing roof heights would not be possible. That is why the seating and roof lines look like they do
    I believe it was the north or south stands or possibly both that had the foundations/ steelwork enhanced to receive more loading with additional seating and not the east.

Rufc could apply for planning permission again and local master plans for the area can change. However, there has been residential development been completed over the other side of the river which would be affected by a larger stand imposing on their views and sight lines so an application might not be successful. If the enhanced foundations and steelwork are not in the east then it would make it very expensive

The other thing to consider is handing an advantage to the away team by their volume of support dwarfing ours. Both Blackpool and Hull have restricted away ticket sales to us recently for this very reason.
    flour, in reply to you saying, 'However, there has been residential development been completed over the other side of the river which would be affected by a larger stand imposing on their views and sight lines so an application might not be successful.' I doubt very much that the view of Booth's scrapyards, other industrial units that stretch across Masborough and upwards towards towards Kimberworth, is appealing to anyone and that they wouldn't object to it being blocked out.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123