+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Our Valuation and FFP

Our Valuation and FFP

I will need a bit of help with this but the subject of FFP and other clubs valuations comes to mind when you think of Chelsea and sale of Man utd! There is of course, Newcastle but that's a different subject.... so the Glazers want 6 billion, that's staggering considering they are 1 billion in debt and apparently make just 6.3 million operating profit a year. Now this is where I need help, how on earth can Utd rack up such debt and still go out and spend around 150 mill on players every annual window, does FFP not count for the so called big 6, obviously not. We all welcome the investigation into Man City who we all know are cooking the books and we all know nothing will happen, it's just an opportunity for the PL to take a few million for their own pockets but just when is this all going to stop, just what chance have we got to catch any of these guys, sometimes I think it may have been better to let them have their ESL and get rid of them....I am sure our owners who have made our club debt free feel slightly aggrieved by all the financial constraints (on us) I also wonder if they would be tempted, having thrown millions of their own money in to, sell up. They acquired us for just 54 million, what a steal that looks like now but what price Aston Villa now? West Ham were looking to sell up and were valued at 1 billion and they don't even own their own ground. Sawares and Edens own everything and will pump another 100 mill in for the New Stand which will probably be named Fortress or Addidas? But again what price us, let's say we make Europe and get our name back on the map, I think 750 million still sounds quite cheap now we have clubs setting the bench mark at 3, 4 or 6 billion! My main question is just how are these big 6 clubs allowed to ignore FFP and just why do our owners abide, I am sure Toon fans are asking the same, they of all clubs could splash unlimited monies and buy the league like City have done, the rule is an Ass, just when is this madness going to stop and just where does it leave teams like ours?
    Any thoughts....

In a nutshell TD - when such vast sums of money are involved and the corruption we have seen with FIFA, all a club needs to do is find a buyer with loads of money they want to move, it cannot really be anything else given as you say the paltry net profits returned. That I believe is what determines the valuation, it's a crazy industry.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)