+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sky Wrecking Businesses & Social Interaction

Sky Wrecking Businesses & Social Interaction

So the game ( yet again ) against Sunderland has been changed from Saturday 3pm to Sunday at mid day. Sky will get their pockets lined as will our awful t osser of an owner.

Think about small businesses though. Take the Vine ( one of many ) - who would have taken many thousands of pounds in revenue if this had been a Saturday! Nobody will go to a pub at 10am on a Sunday. The Vine and other pubs must feel like crying - is business not tough enough in hospitality!!

What about social interaction? I was going to hopefully meet Mick and a few others plus some Sunderland mates! Not possible now and after Covid - do these idiots not think about supporters one bit!

Absolutely disgusting disregard for small businesses and supporters!!

F uck Sky!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post

What about social interaction? I was going to hopefully meet Mick and a few others plus some Sunderland mates! Not possible now and after Covid - do these idiots not think about supporters one bit!

F uck Sky!!!!!!
    No - they don't.

Seems customers leaving Sky in droves, personally I can’t wait for this dreadful company to go under along with the defunding of the pathetic woke BBC

Good point about businesses such as the Vine losing out.
    Normally on these occasions we go for a drink afterwards but its never quite the same.
    It is possible to sneak a quick one in before the game at 11am but it feels rushed and not much fun.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer1962 View Post
    Good point about businesses such as the Vine losing out.
    Normally on these occasions we go for a drink afterwards but its never quite the same.
    It is possible to sneak a quick one in before the game at 11am but it feels rushed and not much fun.

The Vine must take many thousands of pounds before a match especially in food plus there would have been a lot of Sunderland lads in there. It’s a mere fraction of supporters who go for a drink afterwards and rarely for food. The owner must feel like topping himself!

I feel for these businesses.

Greedy Sky w ankers!!!

I am surprised that a legal case for compensation hasn’t been raised, perhaps by a local authority? The knock on impact of schedule changes has far wider impact to an area than realised I think.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)